For breakfast, while everything on the menu is good, I particularly enjoy the French Toast made with Hawaiian Sweet Bread and the Avocado and Crab Omelette. Of course, they have the standard breakfast items with eggs cooked many different ways, and the Mimosa and Bloody Mary drinks are excellent, too.
For dinner, try the Coconut Crusted Prawns or Crab Cakes for an appetizer. The Asian-flavored Short Ribs are incredibly flavorful and almost a meal by themselves. There's a large selection of locally-caught fish, and the 5 Palms Restaurant is also known quite well for their selection of Maui-raised beef and chicken dishes. In particular, I enjoy the Asian BarBque Baby Back Ribs, the Crispy Whole Snapper, and the Mac Nut Mahi Mahi.
At the edge of the gorgeous Keawakapu beach, the 5 Palms Restaurant offers incredible views (and magnificent sunsets) overlooking the islands of Molokini, Kahoolawe, and Lana'i. With an excellent staff, it's one of the best and most romantic seaside dining experiences on Maui.
2960 South Kihei Road
Kihei, HI 96753
Open: 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
With over 700 reviews, Tripadvisor has comments and suggestions for dining at 5 Palms Restaurant.
Yelp also has reviews worth viewing to learn more about the 5 Palms Restaurant.
Location. The 5 Palms Restaurant is located on the edge of Kihei and Wailea, on the south side of the Kihei community. Look for the 5 Palms Restaurant sign in conjunction with the Mana Kai Maui Resort sign. There is valet parking.
- I'd suggest being at the 5 Palms Restaurant by 5 p.m. to guarantee a scenic ocean view, with magnificent sunsets.
- There is a Happy Hour from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and pupus and drinks specials are half price.
- Dress beach casual, but women might want to bring a light sweater as the evening breeze can get quite cool.
- After your meal, take a walk along one of the nicest beaches on the southwest side of Maui.
- Reservations are needed for large groups.
- The bar area is large with comfortable seating if there is a long wait for a table. You can order the entire menu from the bar.
- When in Lahaina Town, visit Hawaii Fudge Company on Front Street, and pick-up a bag of delicious salt water taffy from Big Wave Taffy.
Oahu is the most populated island, with Waikiki Beach and Honolulu being top attractions. The island of Maui is known for good beaches and a laid-back atmosphere. While visiting Maui, take the ferry to Lanai and experience another Hawaiian island.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama's Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It's one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman's Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It's one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento's On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali' imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy's in Ka'anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui's Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe'o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A "must-see" beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui's top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii's largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.