When booking a hotel room in New York, the baseline standards for a positive experience are good service, a clean room and a good night’s sleep. But after that, amenities vary as widely as the room rates. If the usual luxury services – such as gourmet in-room dining, dedicated concierge and valet parking -- make you yawn, check into one of the 5-star New York hotels below and be treated to these over-the-top services:
- Pampered pups: The Ritz Carlton New York gives Fido a warm welcome with its Pampered Pooch package. Pets are supplied with wrought-iron pet beds, custom gold-plated ID tags, and an in-room dining menu of home-baked dog treats. When it’s time for a walk through the park, dogs can remain stylish regardless of the weather with Burberry raincoats.
- Bespoke bedtimes: If your small companions are of the human variety, The Benjamin in Midtown offers a signature Winks’ Kidzzz Club program to teach kids the importance of sleep. The ultimate “Good Night, Sleep Tight” package includes four passes to the Central Park Zoo, a stuffed owl, kid-sized robes, a lullaby pillow, both printed and digital bedtime books, and turndown service with milk and cookies.
- Two-wheel appeal: The Mark leverages its location near Central Park by offering a fleet of bicycles complete with monogrammed bells and stylish black helmets. Before setting out, pick up a picnic lunch created by renowned chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten. The basket’s gourmet inclusions are complemented with a blanket, cutlery and an illustrated bike map of Central Park.
- Fitness with flourish: Rather than schlepping to the gym, let the gym come to you. The Trump SoHo will deliver light fitness equipment to guests’ rooms. And don’t worry if you forgot to pack your yoga pants – the hotel also provides fitness apparel and footwear, plus an iPod Shuffle preloaded with workout-motivating tunes. Bonus: While parents burn calories, future moguls can enroll in the Young Entrepreneurs programs. Program events include kid-friendly film screenings and etiquette classes, though the real draw is arguably the custom business cards.
- True royal treatment: Service is supreme at The Pierre, where India Palace-trained staff who have served royalty and heads of state now attend to guests in 11 of hotel’s suites. The Taj Royal Attaché’s signature service is drawing a Royal Bath, customized from a menu of scents, creams and oils. Enhance the relaxing experience by requesting a selection of books and music based on your tastes. Guests don’t have to lift a finger, as the Royal Attaché will even unpack your suitcase, and then carefully repack your clothes in logo tissue paper when it’s time to check out.