Fashion is taking the anything-goes approach these days and that means dusting off pieces you normally reserve for evening and gracing people with their presence during daylight hours. Whether it's a dramatic maxi or a tuxedo jacket, remember that it's all about balance. Balance any saucy, distinctly-evening look with more casual garb to bring the look down to Earth.
1. The sequin skirt. Add a fitted sweatshirt and trainers to the sequin skirt this season. Another option? A V-neck cotton tee and denim jacket. Top it with a cross-body bag and you're set for a chic weekend look.
2. The tuxedo jacket. Who says the tux jacket is for after 5 only? We love it over a cotton maxi tank dress and trainers or with a whimsical print tank top, cutoffs and sandals. Drape it over the shoulders for the It girl effect, but remember it takes a little effort to walk around like this so drape it just right.
3. The formal maxi skirt. If you have a maxi skirt with a metallic finish, lace or tulle overlay, sport it during the day with a cotton tank tucked in.
4. The fitted mini dress. Add a denim jacket and high-top sneakers and you're good to go for a girls' weekend look. For those of us who bought one too many bandage dresses five years ago, this is a great way to recycle and still look on trend.
5. The statement sandals. Did you invest in a pair of pricey sandals that stop traffic? Stop saving them for date night and start wearing them out for minimal walking events like a lengthy brunch or a movie outing. Add a cotton tank, baggy cardigan and skinny jeans or a V-neck white tee and white pants for a little extra sass appeal.
What's your favorite way to wear your night pieces during the day?