Boosting your metabolism not only helps you lose weight by increasing your calorie burning capacity; it also helps you maintain a healthy weight. And, new research indicates that it is possible to be healthier, feel younger and look better with improved metabolic functioning.
"Lifestyle changes are the only viable alternatives for people currently struggling with metabolic problems," says Dr. Barry Goldstein, chief of endocrinology at Jefferson Medical College.
That means changing what and how you eat to get real results.
5 Fat Burning Foods
- Salmon, Eggs, Chicken & Peanut Butter (protein) - Make sure there is a modest healthy source of protein in every meal and most snacks.
- Quinoa and other whole grains - Avoid refined and sugary carbs found in most commercial bakery products and many processed foods.
- Green Tea & water - Drinking three to 10 daily cups of green tea can kick metabolism into gear and stimulate fat burning.
- Spices: red pepper, cayenne, paprika - "Capsaicin is the plant nutrient in red pepper that researchers have associated with revving up metabolism and helping us feel satisfied sooner," according to Dr. Wendy Bazilian, nutrition advisor at Golden Door Spa.
- Ginger - In a pilot study, at Columbia University, researchers found a morning ginger "tea" with 2 grams of dried ginger powder was linked to reduced hunger and a post-meal boost in metabolism.
Little steps in your wellness plan can make BIG differences in your life!
"Living Well...one healthy step at a time"