Love is all encompassing. And, it can bring you more than just giddiness. It can also positively affect your health and well-being.
"The intensity of soul mate relationships are about reflection and revelation. A soul mate will show us what is good about us, and also what we need to change. It can be powerful and beautiful," according to Debra Campbell, intuitive and spiritual counselor.
The soul mate connection can almost feel addictive for some. But, the following health benefits of love will remind you why it's important to make room for love in your life.
5 HOT Reasons To Fall In L-O-V-E:
- It can make you physically fit: Studies suggest that both men and women work between 12 and 15 percent harder when training with a romantic partner. Sweating together clearly has its benefits!
- It might help you live longer: People experience less stress when they're in committed, healthy relationships. Less stress, in general, means better health overall.
- It can reduce feelings of pain: Recent studies suggest that the comfort of holding your partner's hand can actually minimize your feelings of pain.
- It may bolster your immune system: Research suggests that happy couples, who engage in positive conflict resolution, have higher functioning immune systems than those who don't.
- It can improve your mental well-being: There actually is scientific evidence of romance's blissful effects on the brain. A study from Rutgers University found that being in love, in a healthy love relationship, increases dopamine brain activity; which is associated with optimism, energy and a sense of well-being.
"We all have met someone with whom we have felt an instant connection, and had a feeling of knowing them on a deep level," Campbell says. "There is almost a chemical or electrical draw that can feel amazing or be a bit overwhelming."
Live your best LOVE and LOVE your best truth!
"Living Well...one healthy step at a time"