Are you looking for something new to do? How about visiting a Florida Winery? There are over 50 wineries listed right here in Florida. You can learn about the history, the process of labeling, bottling and the making of the wine, don’t forget all of the different grapes and be sure you do a tasting tour. Here are 5 Florida wineries not to far from Jacksonville.
1. Bluefield Estate Winery in Gainesville Florida - This winery has both wines made from blueberries and Muscadine Grapes. They have wine tasting available for $5 for 4 wines or $8 for 8. During the appropriate seasons they also have U-pick grapes and blueberries.
2. Dakotah Vineyards and Winery in Chiefland Florida - Dakotah Vineyard and Winery offers free tasting of their 9 wines and one juice. Behind the tasting room is a lovely deck overlooking a koi pond you can sit back and relax a bit. This is also home to many ducks and geese.
3. Island grove Wine Company in Hawthorne - Island grove specializes in blueberry wines. The town of Island Grove hosts a blueberry festival each May you may want to check out. There tasting room hours are 11-4 on Saturdays and 10-4 Monday through Friday.
4. Flagler Beach Front Winery in Flagler Beach - This little winery is not only home to several wines made right in Flagler. You also have the ocean view, live music and events through out the year.
5. San Sebastian Winery in St.Augustine offers a free winery tour and tasting. You will go upstairs and watch a 12 minute video about the history of the winery and the muscadine grape. From the video you will head on into the tasting tour. Be sure and bring your ID because they are checked . At the end of the tasting you can stroll through the gift shop or head to the Upstairs celler for a bite to eat, a taste of wine and some free music. Enjoy! We did.