It’s that time of year again. Summer is coming to an end, and we’re being met with cooler nights, crisper air, and kids going back to school. Instead of mourning the loss of summertime fun and the perfect beach day, let’s look forward to autumn with this list of exciting events happening in Northern New Jersey this coming season.
1. Edison’s Fall Family Spectacular, September 21: Located in Edison, NJ, this fall festival typically gets thousands of attendees ready to bring in autumn. Promised at the event are face painting, children’s rides, live music, great food, a beer garden, and interestingly a wrestling ring, proving that it will be fun for the whole family.
2. 28th Annual Oktoberfest at Crystal Springs Resort, September 21-22: The festival is located in Vernon, NJ and heralded as the largest Oktoberfest in the Northeast. There’s sure to be an exciting amount of food, live music, and of course, beer. One day admission is $5, while parking is $20, and both Saturday and Sunday the events will begin at 11am.
3. Westfield Festifall, September 22: With a name like “festifall,” who wouldn’t want to attend? Located in Westfield, NJ, there will be thousands in attendance as the town turns into an autumn extravaganza. The festival will have a kidzone and two bungee trampolines, new this year.
4. Bloomfield HarvestFest, September 28-29: This is HarvestFest’s 21st year of celebrating autumn. The festival is located in Bloomfield NJ and will run from 11am-6pm on both days. The family friendly event is sure to have tons of food and fall crafts, with a parade down Broad Street kicking the first day off.
5. Hoboken Fall Arts and Music Festival, September 30: Hoboken NJ hosts this annual fall festival, which features three stages of live music, tons of fine art vendors, a street full of children’s activities, as well as tons of fantastic food to enjoy.