Today I wanted to talk about the 5 Essentials to a healthy lifestyle. Living a healthy lifestyle is easy and anyone can do it as long as they follow these 5 simple rules.
1) Get adequate sleep. Sleeping 7-8 hours a night will give your body time to recover and energize to take on the day. People who sleep an average of 7-8 hours a night tend to weigh less than those who sleep more or less than that.
2) Drink Water. Drinking 2 liters or 72 ounces of water a day will keep you fit and healthy. Staying hydrated is a great way to keep from losing energy and over eating. A lot of the times when you feel tired or think you are hungry you are really dehydrated and need water. Water is essential to life, our body's are made up of mostly water.
3) Eat Breakfast. It is important to eat breakfast every morning to kick start your energy. Remember you have been sleeping for 8 hours. Your blood sugar levels will be low, eating 1-2 hours after waking will help level out blood sugar levels. You are less likely to over eat if you keep your blood sugar levels as steady as possible throughout the day.
4) Stretching. Stretching is important especially the older we get. It is important to stretch the muscles to keep them limber. Warming up the muscles and giving them the ability to loosen up will help with less injuries and less soreness and tightness after a work out.
5) Stay Active. Staying active is a great way to keep up a healthy lifestyle. Whether it is a walk in the park, a bike ride, or going for a jog, the point is to keep moving. A body in motion stays in motion. Our body's are equipped for movement. There are a plethora of physical benefits of movement, it helps you stay at a healthy weight, improve your body's processes, make you feel good, its good for your heart and cardiovascular system and much more.
It doesn't take much to start living a healthy lifestyle. I hope these 5 tips were helpful.