Truth. Valor. Words of Honor. Faith. The 4th of July is not only about a moment in time for America's break away from the Kingdom of Great Britain(modern United Kingdom). It should remind us of how we as believers are free too. Free from the chains of the enemy if we believe on God's Son.
*Sisters go back in time to fight for honor...and love in Cascade. A man finds his true love and then takes it for granted when faced with opposition in A Hometown Fourth of July. A young girl has to create memories to overshadow the lies and the old ones in Water Walker.
And so, to commemorate the weekend and the rest of summer, here are 5 books involving the spirit of faith and fight. Enjoy!
- Cascade by Lisa Tawn Bergren-ISBN: 9781434704016
- Never Give Up by Pam Hanson and Barbara Andrews-ISBN: 9780824948702
- Water Walker by Ted Dekker-ISBN: 9781617952746
- Word of Honor by Terry Blackstock-ISBN:9780310217596
- A Hometown 4th of July by June Foster-ISBN: 9781612521862
As Christians, we can take back what the enemy has taken. As you read these books ask yourself some questions:
- How has the main character triumphed? At first, did they seek the Lord or tried their own way?
- If you were the minor character, what would you have done?
- Is every antagonist evil? Why or why not?
- If the book is a part of a series, was this particular book better?
- What does the 4th of July mean to you? How about your independence?
*You will find many of these books on Christianbook.com, however, check them out also on Amazon.com, Bn.com as well as your local public libraries.
As always, if you like what you've read here-please share with all of your friends, drop an email, and even better, subscribe to your local Christian Fiction Examiner for more updates.