If you didn’t have a chance to go the the San Francisco Gluten-free Allergen-free expo in February 2013, you really missed something special. These were just some of the highlights in case you didn't make it. If you did go, what were your favorites?
1. It wasn’t really in San Francisco which made it easy to park. There was hardly any traffic and it was conveniently located close to the airport (very important for some people).
2. It was a very family-friendly event. You heard many children saying “Can I eat that?” and the answer was (almost) always “yes.”
3. The vendors were very generous and gave out samples, cutting boards, bags, measuring spoons and more.
4. It really is nice to be able to sample (almost) everything.
5. The event brought people together who share a common bond. This was very different from a regular food show where the focus is much more generic. Bloggers met in person, cookbook authors signed their books and offered advice, people discussed their food intolerances without worrying about the other person getting the “deer caught in the headlights” look, and the general feeling was one of community.