No gym? No problem. Here are the 5 best exercises you can do anytime, anywhere to improve overall health and fitness. These exercises are convenient and promote strength, growth, fat burn, weight loss, flexibility, overall health, and well being.
1. Squats- Squats can be done anytime, anywhere: when you wake up in the morning, in your office, or in your living room. When most people think of squats, they think of a big heavy bar on the shoulders with olympic weights on each side, but the truth is that for most people, their natural body weight is enough resistance to experience the benefits of squats, from high calorie burning to strengthening and toning the glutes, hips, and thighs.
2. Pushups- Like the squat, pushups could also be done anywhere, and here you are working and strengthening the upper body, specifically the chest, triceps, and shoulders. Whether you are watching television, in front of your computer, at the beach, or at work, you can drop down on the floor and do 20 pushups at anytime.
3. Running- You don't need a treadmill in order to run. Also, running in place is an excellent form of running that can be done anytime, anywhere. You will elevate the heart rate to get valuable aerobics in, and experience the overall benefits of cardiovascular exercise, including lowered blood pressure, fat burn, weight loss, lowered cholesterol, increased energy, and more.
4. Stretching- You don't need a yoga studio or an aerobic studio to stretch. You can stretch anytime, anywhere. So grab your favorite yoga moves and take ten minutes out of the day to increase your flexibility.
5. Crunches- If it's the abs you want to strengthen and work, you can drop down on the floor anytime and do 20-100 crunches. Abs are a critical muscle to condition for overall strength of the entire body. You don't always need to go to the gym to make sure you are keeping them in shape.
In conclusion, even though you might not have a gym or even feel like going to the gym all the time, there are still great ways to stay in shape and keep fitness a priority in your life. By incorporating these 5 exercises into your daily life, you will improve overall health, fitness, strength, coordination, well being, energy, muscle tone, and weight loss without ever even having to go to the gym. For progressive workouts using these exercises, use weights, variations, increase intensity, increase sets, decrease rest time between sets, and push your body to that final rep.