Florida State USBC Youth Scholarship Tournament has come to an end. Five weeks of youth bowlers and families flooded into the Largo/Seminole area.
My name is Celeste O’Neill and I am the 2nd Vice President on the Gulf Coast USBC board and I am a director on the Florida State USBC Youth board.
Boy I will say I saw some awesome bowlers. All the kids seemed happy and the parents and grandparents and friends out supporting them. Heard a lot of cheering and clapping.
This years tournament had 472 teams, 938 doubles, 1848 singles.
The Unofficial results are posted on the Florida State Youth website at http://fsusbcy.com/Tournaments/STATE
I will show the top teams, doubles, singles and all events.
Division 1 -
- Team - Sunshine # 1 - 2919 from West Volusia
- Doubles - Smith, Kyra/Stacy, Adrianna 1541 - Orange Belt
- Singles Boys - Thomas Hoag - 798 - Broward County
- All Events Hdcp Boys - Collin Corey - 2332 - Treasure Coast
- All Events Scratch Boys - Pete Vergos - 2129 - Gr Orlando USBC Youth
Division 2 -
- Team - Liberty Bombers # 2 - 3021 from Gulf Coast
- Doubles - Sirera, Jason/Sirera, Jordan - 1670 - Orange Belt
- Singles Boys - Brandon Soto - 819 - Gr Orlando USBC Youth
- All Events Hdcp Boys - Brandon Soto 2310 - Gr Orlando USBC Youth
- All Events Scratch Boys - Tyler Sanders - 1901 - First Coast
Division 3 -
- Team - Dynamite - 3030 - Leesburg
- Doubles - Smallin, Marian/Hudson, Winston - 1626 - Panama City
- Singles Boys - Jacob Bassell - 828 - First Coast
- All Events Hdcp Boys - Seth Long - 2351 - West Volusia
- All Events Scratch Boys - Christopher Schneider - 1820 - Suncoast USBC Youth
Division 4 -
- Team - Nassau Thunder # 3 - 3308 - First Coast
- Doubles - Kovach, Kaden/Burnside, Kyle - 1776 - First Coast
- Singles Boys - Gaven Weiland - 862 - First Coast
- All Events Hdcp Boys - Kyle Burnside - 2603 - First Coast
- All Events Scratch Boys - Nicholas Howard - 1567 - Gulf Coast
Division 5 -
- Team - King Pins # 1 - 2954 - First Coast
- Doubles - McDonald, Cornelius C.J./Moorer, Tyrin - 1564 - Gr Pensacola
- Singles Boys - Dylan Bennett - 814 - Gr Orlando USBC Youth
- All Events Hdcp Boys - George Westerguaard - 2451 - Gr Orlando USBC Youth
- All Events Scratch Boys - Jaeger Blauer - 1521 - Orange Belt
Division 6 -
- Team - Odd Balls - 2982 - Gr Orlando USBC Youth
- Doubles - Shinall, Irene/Porter-Adams, Samaeya - 1601 - First Coast
- Singles Boys - Joshua Cohen - 850 - North Central Florida USBC Youth
- All Events Hdcp Boys - Joshua Cohen - 2422 - North Central Florida USBC Youth
- All Events Scratch Boys - Cornelius C.J. McDonald - 1216 - Gr Pensacola
Division 7 -
- Singles Girls - Crystal Elloitt - 781 - Brevard-Indian River County USBC Youth
- All Events Hdcp Girls - Crystal Elliott - 2233 - Brevard-Indian River County USBC Youth
- All Events Scratch Girls - Adrainna Stacy - 2013 - Orange Belt
Division 8 -
- Singles Girls - Gabrielle Hosein - 751 - Gr Orlando USBC Youth
- All Events Hdcp Girls - Kaylee Aviles - 2197 - First Coast
- All Events Scratch Girls - Hunter Dancer - 1825 - First Coast
Division 9 -
- Singles Girls - Alyssa Lewis - 773 - First Coast
- All Events Hdcp Girls - Mariann Smallin - 2358 - Panama City
- All Events Scratch Girls - Victoria McManning - 1713 - Gulf Coast
Division 10 -
- Singles Girls - Amanda Fowler - 849 - Gulf Coast
- All Events Hdcp Girls - Amanda Fowler - 2370 - Gulf Coast
- All Events Scratch Girls - Cheyenne Davis - 1049 - Emerald Coast
Division 11 -
- Singles Girls - Brianna Marrone - 814 - Gr Orlando USBC Youth
- All Events Hdcp Girls - Allayna Sapone - 2433 - Suncoast USBC Youth
- All Events Scratch Girls - Brianna Marrone - 1382 - Gr Orlando USBC Youth
Division 12 -
- Singles Girls - Paige McCarthy - 835 - Gr Orlando USBC Youth
- All Events Hdcp Girls - Paige McCarthy - 2595 - Gr Orlando USBC Youth
- All Events Scratch Girls - Chloe Gillings - 1201 - Broward County
There were a few honor scores bowled at both centers:
At Seminole Lanes Doubles/Singles House
- Austin Vogt - 11 in a row - 290 game - Gulf Coast
- Carson Thomas III - 11 in a row - 299 - Greater Tampa
- Sean O'Reilly - 11 in a row - 299 - Martin County
- James Magi – 300 – Palm Beach County
- Paul Tantillo – 11 in a row – 290 – Leesburg
- Christopher Carroll – 11 in a row – 279 – Lake Triangle
Liberty Lanes Team House:
- Joey Goodwin - 11 in a row – 290 – West Volusia
Youth bowlers should always pay attention to the rules. Dress code is the biggest problem. From my understanding that will be discussed at the annual meeting and changes will be made.
At the tournament when youth bowlers check in, that is who is supposed to check in. Some parents, coaches seemed upset, that we wanted to see the youth bowler, and there are reasons, we have to check to be sure they are dressed correctly. Any tournament you bowl in the person bowling is the person who is suppose to check in.
I did notice when announcements started for the most part everyone listened and you always have those that do not listen. Try to listen. The rules are very important. Drinks and food and rosin bags in the bowling circle is one of the rules that should be followed, it is for the bowlers safety.
For future tournaments, if you know you need a sub, you can call or email Dalia Keyes and let her know ahead of time, and that gives the association time to find someone to sub for your team. IF you do not know ahead of time, then show up at least one hour prior to your time to bowl so again they can try to find a sub for you. The tournament director's email and phone number are posted on the website.
Before the tournament started, Gulf Coast USBC put out to all their youth leagues, that there was a contest and the winner would receive a $500 scholarship all they had to do was draw a picture that had something to do with the area and bowling. In picture above, the winner Kayla Dollinger from Ten Pin Lanes in South Pasadena. As you can see she is very happy, and what a beautiful job she did. We are very proud of her.
The design also went on the front of the program booklet.
Next year's tournament the 50th Annual Florida State Youth Scholarship Tournament will be held in Ft. Myers. Hope to see you there!!!