The city by the bay had hardly stopped celebrating the San Francisco Giants' World Series win when the 49ers began their playoff push. Unfortunately, the Niners fell just short of bringing another title to San Francisco in yesterday's loss.
Luckily, February is Strong Beer Month AKA Drown Your Sorrows Month.
A few of these beers might help us San Franciscans cope with the 49ers' Super Bowl loss. At the very least, we'll get to sample the latest and greatest from two of SF's most well-known breweries.
Without further ado, here is the beer list:
21st Amendment Strong Beer Month offerings:
- Lord & Master – Strong English Golden Ale – 8.2% ABV, 54 IBUs
- Dub Step – American Imperial IPA – 10.2% ABV, 84 IBUs
- Nelson, Jade and Helga – American Imperial IPA with NZ Hops – 10.5% ABV, 80 IBUs (Collaboration with Drakes)
- Red Giant – Imperial Red Ale – 11.0% ABV, 77 IBUs
- Two-Lane Blacktop – American Imperial Black IPA – 10.0% ABV, 65 IBUs
- Hendrik’s Imperial Stout – American Imperial Stout – 8.6% ABV, 61 IBUs
Magnolia’s Strong Beer Month offerings:
- Promised Land Imperial IPA 10.5% ABV
- McLean’s Wee Heavy 8.4% ABV
- Delilah Jones Rye 9.6% ABV
- Quadlibet For Tenderfoot 9.4% ABV
- Old Thunderpussy Barleywine 10.6% ABV
- Smokestack Lighting Imperial Stout 9.8% ABV
Beer of the moment: Telegraph's California Ale