From cozy to chic to sophisticated, the sky is the limit on our choices in bedroom ambience and style. A bedroom is the place where you begin and end each day, make it you’re most restful and nurturing room in the house. Sometimes your new bedroom decorating simply needs a change of atmosphere to make it more comfortable. Maybe you have a bedroom design that is immaculate, modern, and beautiful. But is it comfortable? It’s important that a room still feel like home, and an easy way to achieve this is by adding some creature comforts. Some personal bedroom decorations add individual character to a space and make it more relaxing. The following ideas should help to inspire you to create a peaceful master bedroom retreat,
- Look around the room and ask yourself “What are the distractions to my feeling of calm in this room?”
- Start by removing as many things from the room as you can. Clutter is the enemy of a peaceful bedroom.
- Consider an electronic free bedroom. If you do want a TV, find a way to keep it hidden when not in use.
- Keep electric clocks and cell phones far away from your bed as a health precaution.
- For your best night’s sleep, make sure you cannot see any light from your bed.
- Avoid work zones in the bedroom whenever possible.
- Good reading lights are a must for ambience and nighttime reading, avoid using overhead lighting.
- Nightstands are clutter magnets. Consider closed storage cabinets for visual serenity.
- Use covered boxes or baskets with lids to hide table top necessities.
- Install dimmers and three way switches to add mood lighting.
- Even if you are not redecorating, give your room a good cleaning to refresh.
- Consider your senses in this room. Is it visually attractive, peaceful and quiet, do you have quality sheets and blankets; does the room smell fresh and clean?
- Commit to making your bed as soon as you start your day, it will help to keep the rest of the room stay cleaner and more orderly throughout the day.
- Avoid using your bedroom as a dumping ground for clothing and stuff. Treat your room as a sanctuary and sacred place.
Enjoy the inspirational slideshow to the left of 48 bedroom designs where you may find your personality reflection in any of them.