The 45th annual World Series of Poker® (WSOP®) officially starts on Tuesday, May 27, 2014. WSOP diehards will be excited to know that there are three more bracelets this year, with buy-ins ranging from $500* to $1,000,000, for a total of 65 chances to go home a champion!
For the first time ever, the $10,000 buy-in WSOP Main Event guarantees that, "the winner walk away with $10,000,000 and of course the diamond-encrusted bracelet," in commemoration of the 10 years that the Rio All Suites Hotel & Casino has hosted poker's most prestigious event.
Also new this year are:
- $25,000 buy-in Mixed Max No-Limit Hold’em tournament;
- $1,000 buy-in Pot-Limit Omaha tournament;
- $1,500 buy-in Dealer's Choice 17-Game Mixed tournament and,
- $1,500 buy-in Monster Stack No-Limit Hold’em tournament.
Of course, poker enthusiasts from all walks of life can depend on the WSOP to host a variety of poker games beyond No-Limit Hold’em, and this year's schedule boast a new two-tiered track for traditional mixed games with both $1,500 and $10,000 “Championship” bracelet events.
Key Events returning in 2014 are:
- $1,500 buy-in Millionaire Maker No Limit Hold'em with $1,000,000 guaranteed to First Place;
- *$500 buy-in Casino Employees No-Limit Hold'em Event;
- $1,000 buy-in Seniors-Only No-Limit Hold’em Championship for poker enthusiasts 50 years of age or older;
- $10,000 buy-in Ladies Only No-Limit Hold’em Championship where Ladies enjoy a special discounted buy-in of $1,000;
- $50,000 buy-in Poker Players Championship;
- $1,111 buy-in The Little One for ONE DROP No Limit Hold'em tournament; and,
- $1,000,000 buy-in The Big One for ONE DROP No Limit Hold'em High-roller tournament
Each ONE DROP tournament will have specific charitable components to help raise funds for WSOP charitable partner, the ONE DROP organization (www.ONEDROP.org)
“We have tweaked our schedule and feel very good about the opportunities it presents poker players of all levels,” said WSOP Tournament Director Jack Effel, who will oversee the tournament for the ninth straight year. “Now in its tenth consecutive year at the Rio, we believe operationally we have optimized the experience to provide players maximum choice and comfort and can’t wait to open the doors May 27.”
Don't have a bankroll, but just want the WSOP experience? No worries... there are $135, $185, and $235 Daily Deepstack No-Limit Hold’em Tournaments hat will run daily from May 27 to July 14. And don't forget the satellites! The Pavilion Room will host single-table and mega satellites every day from May 28 to July 7.
To view the entire schedule, visit WSOP.com/2014, where you will be able to download event structures, pre-register for events, and view and compare Caesars Entertainment properties that offer reduced hotel room rates.
Lastly, players can register at WSOP.com in Nevada and New Jersey, and jump online to win their way to the WSOP starting this month. With freerolls and $1 Super Satellites, the next "Moneymaker" could turn one dollar into $10 million.
ABOUT THE WORLD SERIES OF POKER (WSOP)
The World Series of Poker (WSOP) is the largest, richest and most prestigious gaming event in the world, awarding millions of dollars in prize money and the prestigious gold bracelet, globally recognized as the sport’s top prize. Featuring a comprehensive slate of tournaments in every major poker variation, the WSOP is poker’s longest running tournament in the world, dating back to 1970. In 2013, the event attracted 79,471 entrants from 107 different nations to the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas and awarded more than $197 million in prize money. Interested in Online Poker? Visit WSOP.com to learn about the World Series of Poker and how you can participate.
Know When to Stop Before You Start® Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER