As a woman matures, she begins to notice more significant skin structure changes in her 40s. From fine lines, dehydration, larger pores, uneven skin tone, to slacker skin, it’s a hard thing to ignore.
“These skin changes even happen to women who have a dedicated skin care routine in the mornings and evenings,” said a spokesperson for Skin Care Heaven, an e-commerce store and skin research center based in San Diego. “These changes are natural but they also mean it’s time to put changes into place for your daily skin care needs – it’s a call to action to be more aware of what our skin needs and to take full advantage behind the science and technology of new products.”
Skin Care Heaven served up the following 40s skin care tips:
- Sunscreen: A broad spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30+ or more is essential to maintain good skin care health. Sun exposure is one of the leading causes of premature skin damage so applying a quality sunscreen outdoors, and often, is at the top of the regimen.
- Cleanser: Removing makeup, dirt, and impurities from the skin is extremely important. Because women in their 40s are more prone to dehydration, it’s crucial to find a cleanser which is soap-free.
- Exfoliate: Buffing away dead layers of skin on a weekly basis will help keep skin luminous.
- Retinol: Retinol has been clinically proven to help reverse sun damage. It promotes collagen which helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles.
- Inhibit Glycation: Another natural process of skin aging, glycated proteins and lipids proliferate leaving skin structure weak and prone to wrinkles, age spots, and saggy skin. Skin care products which inhibit glycation should be part of the beauty inventory.
“There is so much cutting edge science to help reverse skin damage and slow down the skin aging process,” the spokesperson said.