Sometimes in your walk with the Lord you read something in The Bible that really speaks to your heart and your head. Today's devotional scripture is that "something" for me.
Today's Devotional Scripture
"Don’t just pretend that you love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but serve the Lord enthusiastically. Be glad for all God is palnning for you. Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful. When God’s children are in need, be the one to help them out. And get into the habit of inviting guests home for dinner or, if they need lodging, for the night." (Romans 12:9-13, New Living Translation)
My preacher friends must love preparing a sermon that focuses on Romans !2:9-13. The Apostle Paul provides an outline with all the "bullet" points. For example, here's a quick list of what we need to remember:
- Don't fake it. Really love others as Christ loves you.
- Hate what is wrong. (Search and read The BIble for assistance in identifying "what is wrong".)
- Stand on the side of the good. (Search and read The BIble for assistance in identifying the "good side".)
- Be someone's cheerleader and honor him or her in genuine love.
- Don't be lazy. (Did you catch that fellow procrastinators?)
- Serve the Lord with an enthusiasm that is contagious.
- God loves you so much that He's got a plan specifically desgined for you.
- Be patient.
- Always pray.
- When a brother or sister is in need, you should help them out.
- your Christian home should be more like a "Hospitality Inn" than a monastery
It's a great list to keep handy as we prepare for Easter. It's a demanding list, but we have the Holy Spirit working to get us ready in our effort to share Good News and good deeds with the people around us. Plus to get your day started in the right direction I have attached Mandisa's song "Good Morning" to this article.
Heavenly Father, thank you for your love. Empower me to talk about your love without pretense. Help me to submit to the Holy Spirit's guidance and to do your will. In the name of Jesus. Amen.
The tag on Twitter for this article is #delighteddisciple and it is logged by @denimartin. You can also comment on this article or send me an email at email@example.com.