There are four spots left to fill for the third event of the National Capital Golf Tour’s Silly Season.
The shootout starts at 7 p.m. on Feb. 23 at Golf-O-Max. The cost is $25 plus tax per player and there’s a $10 fee for cleaners/skins and closest to the pin competitions.
“The NCGT is designed for recreational golfers who would like to play competitive golf now and then in comfortable surroundings,” said Steve Karam, the NCGT’s president. “Players do not have to be members of the tour to participate in our Silly Season events.”
Here are the rules:
- Rounds are played “straight up” (no handicap strokes).
- 0-15 handicaps play from the blue tees.
- 16-and-up handicaps play from the white tees.
- Ladies are more than welcome and play from the red tees.
- Players must win a hole outright for a share of the pot (cleaners/skins).
- If there is a tie for closest to the pin, the pot is split.
- There’s an optional shootout afterward.
For more details and to register, visit http://www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com/SillySeason.aspx.