Valentine’s Day is upon us and love is already in the air. Family friendly trivia questions and answers are a great way to introduce Valentine’s Day to the younger kids in your family.
For more Valentine's Day fun, read:
Have some fun with these Valentine’s Day trivia questions by cutting them out and placing them in a heart shaped basket. Have a bell by the basket and tell your family to ring the bell when they want to challenge another family member with their Valentine’s Day knowledge; or simply ring the bell and whoever is closest to the heart shaped basket gets to read a Valentine’s Day trivia question.
36 of the best family friendly Valentine’s Day trivia questions and answers:
- What state produces a majority of America's roses? California
- What is the most popular way to say "Be Mine" - Flowers, Cards, or Candy? Candy
- What fruit is also known as the "love apple?" Tomato
- Who was the first television couple to share a bed on air (instead of twin beds)? Mike and Carol Brady
- What card company is the top seller of Valentine's cards in America? Hallmark
- What percentage of flowers bought on Valentine's Day are bought by men? 65%
- Between girlfriends, wives, mothers, and teachers-who receives the most cards? Teachers
- If a woman sees a robin on Valentine's Day, what kind of a man will she marry? Sailor, Man at sea
- Conversation hearts were first made by what company? Necco
- What state has a town called Valentine? Nebraska
- " Ie Ovele Ouye" is I Love You in what language? Pig Latin
- What is the winged child shooting love arrows at the unsuspected? Cupid
- What color M&M is thought to be an aphrodisiac? Green
- Who is Mickey Mouse's valentine? Minnie
- True or False; Valentine’s Day is the largest card giving holiday? False
- The name Valentine originated in what cultural language? Latin
- The giving of Valentines started during which century? 17th
- In what year did Valentine’s Day be declared an official holiday? 1537
- Which country began the tradition? England
- What does the word Valentine stand for or mean? Valor
- True or False; Did girls eat unusual food on Valentine’s Day to help them dream about who they would marry? True
- An ancient Celtic tradition was giving what with carved hearts on it, as a Valentines gift? Wooden spoons
- Love messages were first sent on cards during what century? 17th
- Who first introduced Valentine’s Day as a Pagan ceremony in England? The Romans, it was later dropped as a pagan belief.
- How much does the average American spend on Valentine’s Day? $75
- The greeting card association estimates that 85% of all cards are bought by what sex? Female
- Including children exchanging cards, how many Valentines are bought each year? 700 million, 800 million, 900 million, 1 billion, or 2 billion. 1 billion
- What percent of women send themselves flowers on valentine’s Day? 15%
- What percent of pet owners give their pets a gift on Valentine’s Day? 3%
- On Valentine’s Day in 1876, Alexander Graham Bell applied for a patent on what invention of his? Telephone
- How many different cards does Hallmark make for Valentine’s Day? 1000, 1250, 1300,or 1330. 1330
- About how many roses are sold over a three day period around Valentine’s Day? 1 million, 100 million, or 200 million. 100 million
- Cupid was the son of what Roman God? Venus
- Approximately how many boxes of chocolate were sold for St. Valentine's Day in 2003? 36 million
- The oldest known valentine that is still in existence today was written by Charles, Duke of Orleans to his wife. Where was Charles when he penned this valentine? In the tower of London
- In what Shakespeare play is St. Valentine's Day mentioned? Hamlet
Have fun with your family on Valentine’s Day and the days leading up to it. Start a new tradition of quizzing each other on Valentine’s Day fun facts.
Have a fun, family friendly Valentine’s Day!
Thanks for reading Raleigh Etiquette! Click here to subscribe to this column and you’ll get an email each time a new article is published.
Do you ever wish you had the chance to write articles about things that interest you? Look into Examiner! It’s a great way to make some extra money and it’s a lot of fun. Follow this link and see if it’s right for you!