Timing is everything. The bulk of your calories need to be adjusted to be eaten in the earlier portion of your day instead of at the end, at dinner time. Get energy to perform harder and longer instead of the usual “crash and burn” in the afternoon.
Include protein and complex carbs in your breakfast
Nutrient timing. Complex carbs no processed carbs. Protein stimulates the release of dopamine which releases mental alertness. Make sure to include some of both for breakfast and lunch and at supper you can skip one or the other to aid in calorie burn and to give the mechanics of your stomach time to slow down and not work as hard.
Carb and protein snack ideas:
1. Pita with 2 ounces of tuna
2. 1 cup yogurt +3/4 cup fresh fruit
3. 8 animal crackers+ 1 banana
4. 1 cup fresh strawberries + 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
5. 8 ounces milk, 2 low-fat cookies
6. 6 whole wheat crackers + 1 ounce string cheese
7. ¼ cup almonds + 1 apple
8. 1 small corn tortilla + 1 ounce cheddar
9. ½ cup oatmeal + 1 orange
10. 2 ounces lean deli turkey + 6 rice crackers
11. ½ bagel + thin layer of cream cheese + slices of peach
12. ½ cup long grain rice + 2ounces lean ham
These are all healthy choices and you didn’t have to twist your arm to get you to eath them and they didn’t have red horns on them. You get the idea, once you get used to incorporating these healthy items into your cupboards and fridge and for your meal choices away from home, it becomes just like lettuce to make healthy choices, nothing to it. Lisa Maria has a diet challenge for you. (see video)
To get the latest updates from Atlanta Fishing Examiner Tina Ranieri ‘click’ the subscribe button above. To view her body of articles ‘click’ Tina Ranieri, National Holistic Health Examiner, or Atlanta Holistic Health Examiner.