Here we go. Superbowl Sunday food comes in second next to Thanksgiving as far as the calories consumed in one day. The challenge is to have a good time while marshalling your eating habits for the day. Avoiding super-high food calories will be the definition of success.
Foods to avoid
Fried foods, barbecued foods, pizza, giant heart attack coated burgers and steak, nachos you need to stay away from and potato chips-number 1 food to avoid. Three ounces of lay’s potato chips with dip is 630 calories, wow, with 42 grams of fat, and 1,230 mg sodium, choke. A better alternative with half the fat are chips that are "baked" eaten with salsa which drastically cuts the fat and sodium too. Boneless wings nah-ah-ah, thin crusted pizza with vegetables is a healthier option.
Soups and dips in a bread bowl are no-nos. Soups that are creamy are off limits, clear broth soups are a better substitution. White chicken chili or black bean soup is a better substitution for Texas or Cincinnati-style chili.
Alcoholic beverages, (‘click’ link to find beer and cocktail calories and carbs) did you know that three Samuel Adams Stout is equal to six cans of coke. OMG.
Superbowl snacks and food at 100 calories
As you can see it doesn’t take much to go over 100 calories:
- Teriyaki meatballs are lower in calories than barbecued meatballs, you can have two for 100 calories. When it comes to barbecue meatballs the sauce alone is close to 100 calories-its 60 calories.
- Baked Cauliflower or Hot Pepper poppers are fun, you can have two for 95 calories.
- Fried cheese sticks you can have just two, for 100 calories.
- Salami and cream cheese wrap 124-166 calories for just one. The lower end of the calorie range is for low-cal cream cheese.
- Real potato-potato skins with bacon and cheese, one is 167calories.
Raw vegetables and fruit you can eat all you want, just go really easy on the dips.
If you are drinking responsibly, you stop drinking at least two hours before you know you are going to drive, drive safely only after you have eaten a meal. (see video)
- 30-day challenge day 4
- 30-day challenge day 2 good feeling cardio interval
- 30-day challenge dietary challenge for week 1
- How to lose belly fat in 1 week
- Burn 50% more calories trail hiking and outdoor activities
To get the latest updates from Atlanta Holistic Health Examiner Tina Ranieri ‘click’ the subscribe button above. To view her body of articles ‘click’ Tina Ranieri, National Holistic Health Examiner, or Atlanta Fishing Examiner.