One more day left challengers. Buy yourself something nice for working out for 30 days straight and making healthier choices, you deserve it. The fast food industry accounts for 70% of the food Americans eat annually and if you were able to knock that habit off completely or at least whittle it down you are cooking with gas now.
The new diet challenge
The question to ask yourself before you put any food in your mouth, did this come from a farmer or a food chemist? It’s nauseating to go make yourself a turkey sandwich and see that out of 13 ingredients only one of them is turkey. What are the other chemicals doing in turkey? Eat food not chemicals.
The grocery store is where you buy food
If fast food wasn’t quick and easy it wouldn’t be so easy to grab and eat on the run. If the restaurants only sold steamed carrots, healthy portions of cod or roasted chicken with some good fresh fruit juice, instead of a gallon of ice cold sweetened chemicals and named it soda pop, would you still order out?
This is not your mothers food
Your mother’s generation may not have grown up eating at the drive-thru every other night, depending on your age, and sweets were meant for special occasions and not served as a daily food group. The women that were teens in the 50’s and early 60's had waistlines, and the men wore trousers that hung at their waistline and not at their hips or lower.
What are your health goals for the next month, 6 months, 1 year or 5 years
- vowing to stop eating chemicals made to taste great and resemble food is a start.
- Not eating anything fried is another.
- Only eating sweets once a month, maybe twice a month would be another.
- Never drinking soda pop again.
- Eating fruits and vegetables every day, plus whole grains is do-able.
- Some people are taking it further, they vow to stop eating sweets altogether or become vegetarian.
- Many people decided to stop eating out unless it was an invite for a family event, choosing to eat all of their meals fat home from now on. That’s great.
- The bottom line after your diet is to exercise as often as you can.
- Avoiding toxic relationships and learning to love yourself once and for all.
Zuzana will be your workout video host today and for the last workout tomorrow. The decision hasn’t yet been made when the next challenge will start or the form it will take, only that there will be one and it's in the works. Stay tuned. Eat breakfast and drink plenty of water. Wear your seat belt, love each other. And take your vitamins. Namaste. (see video)
To get the latest updates from Atlanta Holistic Health Examiner Tina Ranieri ‘click’ the subscribe button above. To view her body of articles ‘click’ Tina Ranieri, National Holistic Health Examiner, or Atlanta Fishing Examiner.