Welcome back to week 3 day 3, you look marvelous. Existing knee injury can do your workout harm and prevent you from going on. It’s important to take care of your knees. It’s not necessary to hurt yourself to get into shape.
When you are using weight warm up first
1. No matter who you are or how long you’ve been working out you can’t just jump into exercising with weights, interval training or cardio without warming and loosening up your muscles first.
2. Do not fully lock out your knees when doing leg exercises. If you can’t complete the rep without locking out your knees the weight is too heavy or you are doing too many reps and need to practice more at building your strength up.
3. Squat on the heels of your feet not the balls.
4. Stick your butt out and round your back as you arch to squat.
5. When you are coming down use your heels, if you find this hard to do take off your shoes. Some shoes designed for a particular sport have thicker soles and hinder this movement by forcing your body forward.
6. Don’t use more weight than you can handle.
7. Using an elliptical bike or stationery bike may be easier on your knees than running or walking.
8. If you use an elliptical trainer lower the incline to take the stress off your knees.
Sean and Lisa Marie are on today. Drink plenty of water, eat lots of fruit between meals. It’s almost Valentine’s Day squeeze those cheeks. Namaste. (see video)
To get the latest updates from Atlanta Holistic Health Examiner Tina Ranieri ‘click’ the subscribe button above. To view her body of articles ‘click’ Tina Ranieri, National Holistic Health Examiner, or Atlanta Fishing Examiner.