The 2nd Annual Boston Seafood Gala and Festival takes place Saturday, Sept. 28, at the Bank of America Pavilion in the Seaport with a day full of activities and programs to educate people about the oldest fishing industry in the country - here in Boston.
Celebrity chef demonstrations, educational seminars/panels and an all day lobster bake are part of the activities which also include 20 vendors serving their cuisine, an oyster shucking competition and the New England Aquarium "Touch Take" and other activities for children.
The event runs from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. with tickets at $10 a head. It's hosted by the Boston Fisheries Foundation to create greater awareness of New England fisheries and hopes to pave the way for a major celebration next year of the 100th anniversary of the Boston Fish Pier.
Among the many activities scheduled are
* The Main Stage with Clarke Demo Kitchen offering cooking presentations by celebrity chefs and health professionals. Learn to cook seafood and take home recipes and tips.
* Day-Long Lobster Bake
* 20+ local food vendors with a wide variety of seafood favorites from lobster rolls and stuffed quahogs to fried clams
* Oyster Shucking Competition in several rounds throughout the day
* Aquarium Touch Tank gives children hands-on experiences with fish
* Family Services of Greater Boston Kids' Corner with arts and crafts
* Live Music by different performers