Videogamer: The Film is an exciting never-been-done-before full length movie exploring the creative process of making an innovative video game (and game related products and services) and the marketing involved to make it a successful release. What makes the Halo series such a smash hit game after game as compared to cult classics like Okami or Indigo Prophecy? And how will that innovation evolved as the industry shift towards digital game downloads and next gen hardware? By combining the views of developers, publishers, studios, journalists, writers, directors and gamers across the globe, this revolutionary film will no doubt spark a much needed conversation for transparency in the gaming community and influence the future of gaming.
The Kickstarter project, “Videogamer: The Film” approaches gaming as a whole with the idea-it’s bigger than just one country, it’s a worldwide industry. Videogamer: The Film intends to travel abroad to several countries to film at development studios and annual conventions. Studio visits in Japan, China, and Germany have been confirmed, and more are soon to come.
· 2K Games and Gearbox Software have allowed us the opportunity to conduct some great interviews in preparing to announce the film. They’ve invited us to their studio for filming, and we intend to go behind the scenes to bring you closer to some of your favorite 2K games, and of course the incredible Borderlands series!
· Crystal Dynamics has been hard at work on the critically acclaimed "Tomb Raider" for the past few years and that resulted in a very successful release! We visited the studio in December of 2012 and are happy to have their participation in Videogamer: The Film, providing us the opportunity to film the brilliant team behind “Tomb Raider”
· Obsidian has developed a number of remarkable titles: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords, Alpha Protocol, Fallout: New Vegas, and is actively working on a new project titled "Project Eternity” We are filming at their studio in Irvine, CA April, 2013.
· Crytek is well know for both its Far Cry and Crysis series, and for the CryEngine. Crytek has consistently delivered highly polished games, and most recently added Crysis 3 to that list. Meeting up with the team behind the games is scheduled to happen at this years GDC.
· Atlus has published many classic titles, and is well known for its championed library of role-playing games. A number of well know titles come from its Persona and Shin Megami Tensei series.
More to be announced!
“Videogamer: The Film” maintains both a confident and realistic view on the promising future of gaming and the major players within the industry. “Videogamer: The Film” is being created with the industry’s future in mind, compiling only the best commentary from developers, publishers, journalists, and gamers.
The gaming industry is worldwide, and as such, “VideoGamer: The Film” will be a monumental documentary with international appeal. For more information on the film please visit http://videogamerthefilm.com