Of all the types of cookie recipes out there, drop cookies are probably the easiest to make and are infinitely versatile. Start with a basic chocolate chip recipe; add dried fruits, nuts and different flavors of chips and you can literally make dozens of variations of everyone’s favorite cookie.
Pineapple and White Chip Drop Cookies
Makes 5 dozen
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1-cup chopped pecans
- 1 and 2/3 cups Hersey's Premier White Chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Lightly grease cookie sheet
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla. Blend well. Blend in pineapple and juice. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chips and pecans. Drop by tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.