December 14, 2013
Here’s another recipe using the classic combination of chocolate and mint. Great anytime, it is especially festive this time of year.
This is a recipe that I have had for years, but it never gets old.
Minty Winter Wonderland Brownies
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup crush peppermint candy, divided
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 13x9 inch pan with foil, grease and set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat oil and sugar until blended.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a smaller bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of peppermint for garnish. Stir the rest into the brownie mixture.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Coool on a wire rack.
- For the glaze, combine chocolate chips and shortening in a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave until smooth.
- Spread over brownies; sprinkle with reserved peppermint candy.