A gluten allergy shouldn't prevent you from enjoying delicious treats – especially during the holidays. Arsenic and Old Lace innkeepers, Beverly and Doug Breitling are sensitive to this and will offer this delicious cookie during this year’s Sweet Treats Cookie Tour.
The fun starts at 1p.m. on Saturday, December 14 and goes until 6p.m, innkeepers will greet guests with hot cider and delicious, home baked cookies.
Tickets are $20 and can be purchased through any of the nine participating inns.
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter - Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups pecans (or other nut of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Combine the peanut butter, eggs and sugar; mix until smooth
- Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts
- Drop by tablespoon on to cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until lightly browned
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.