Today’s cookie recipe comes from Jan and Richard from 5 Ojo Inn in Eureka Springs. One of the nine bed and breakfasts on the tour, it has nine guest rooms located in 2 historic homes, a cottage and a carriage house.
Always most hospitable with consistency delicious food, the Grinnells offer fabulous amenities with all of the comforts of home.
Here is the first of their scrumptious recipes.
- 1 package 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 2 each kind eggs
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package 11 oz Butterscotch chips
- 1 cup pecans; chopped
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Place the pudding mix and milk in a large mixing bowl and blend according to package directions.
- Add eggs and beat.
- Fold in the dry cake mix and stir until batter is combined, although still a little lumpy.
- Grease the sides and bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan,
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Scatter the butterscotch chips on top of the batter, then sprinkle the pecans on top of the chips.
- Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, 35-40 minutes.