Today Acting-Auditions.org is reporting that Henry Street Productions and Marv Films in association with Genre Films is getting ready to begin shooting the 20th Century Fox Film Corporation superhero feature film reboot "The Fantastic Four" and casting calls for starring, co-starring, and supporting roles is taking place. Auditions are being held in Los Angeles, and all roles are up for grabs with the exception of Johnny Storm "Human Torch", which will be played by Michael B. Jordan. Shooting will begin on February 10, 2014 and will take place in and around the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area. The stand-ins and photo-doubles for the film's stars, as well as general extras and featured background actors are being cast locally in Baton Rouge.
Filmmaker Josh Trank will direct "The Fantastic Four" from a screenplay written by Jeremy Slater, with revisions and polishes by Simon Kinberg. Trank made his film directorial debut with the Twentieth Century Fox feature film "Chronicle", which was made on a $12 million budget and raked in over $127 million at the box office. After completion of "The Fantastic Four", Trank will direct the Warner Bros. feature film "The Red Star" based on the comic book by Christian Gossett. He is also attached to direct Sony Pictures film adaptation of the video game "Shadow of the Colossus".
Two-time BAFTA Awards nominee Matthew Vaughn will produce "The Fantastic Four" for Marv Films. Writer Simon Kinberg will also produce under the banner of his production company, Genre Films. On December 5, 2013 Simon Kinberg signed a three year deal with 20th Century Fox. This will allow him to expand on "The Fantastic Four" and interlock the universes with "X-Men: Days of Future Past", which he also wrote and produced. 20th Century Fox Film Corporation will handle worldwide distribution.
Talent must and be legally eligible to work in the state of Louisiana and in the United States.
The 2014 Louisiana Actors Resource Guide eBook comes with free quarterly updates and includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in Louisiana and the United States:
• Louisiana Child Performer Law Information Sheet
• Louisiana Child Performer Trust Act Sheet
• Louisiana Minor Trust Deduction Guidelines
• Louisiana Minor Intention To Employ Form
• Louisiana Employment of Minors Informational Booklet
• Louisiana Film, TV, and Commercials Minor Labor Law Summary
In addition to the following Actors Resources:
• New Orleans Casting Directors List
• Baton Rouge Casting Directors List
• Shreveport Casting Directors List
• Louisiana Actors Unions and Resources
• General Talent Agent Information
• Louisiana Talent Agents List
• Louisiana Acting Classes and Schools List
• Summer Performing Arts Camps
• Headshot Photographers List
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous Actors Resources
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• USA Immigration Work Permit Information
• USA Non-Immigrant Visa Application
• PDF Users Guides
The 2013 Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.
Information on how actors can submit photos and resumes the the casting directors, extras registration details, and crew member information can all be found on the following casting post:
To keep up-to-date on my articles, click the subscribe button above. For additional entertainment industry news, visit LA Acting Auditions Examiner, follow me on Twitter, or "like" my Official Facebook Page!