With celebrities and Olympic athletes wearing special manicures to celebrate the Olympics, Olympic nail art has become a well looked forward to beauty trend during the time frame of Olympic events. You can be a part of the trend and try out some Olympic nails too.
This simple Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics themed nail art design tutorial is inspired by the patriotic manicure worn by actress/television personality La La Anthony. She sported this manicure during the 2012 London Olympics to support her husband, Carmelo Anthony. Check out La La’s Olympic nails HERE.
To give this look a try, you’ll need a white nail polish as your base color and nail embellishments like rhinestones or studs. Additionally, you’ll also need a striper nail art brush, clear polish and blue, black, red, yellow and green nail polishes to create the five-ringed Olympic symbol as the nail art design.
- To begin, apply your first base color coat of white polish. Allow it to dry completely and follow it up with a second coat.
- While the second coat of polish is still tacky, excluding the nail on your ring finger, apply a rhinestone or stud towards the center, base of each fingernail.
- Next, use your striper brush and the colored polishes to create small circles on your ring fingernail. They will represent the five-ringed Olympic symbol.
- From left to right, you should make a line of overlapping blue, black and red circles. Beneath them, create overlapping yellow and green circles.
- It is easiest to look at a picture of the five-ringed Olympic symbol as a guide while completing the design. Finish your Olympic nails off with a clear top coat.