Week 3 NFL preseason schedule gets underway tonight when the Pittsburgh Steelers travel to the City of Brotherly Love to take on the Philadelphia Eagles. This game, along with several others, should have the feel of a regular season tilt as NFL teams prep for the regular season opener in two weeks.
According to NFL.com on Aug. 20, this weekend will be the closest thing NFL fans will get to a "regular season feel" to a game as teams prep for the 2014 season. However this is also the week that many coaches make major decisions about their rosters. Front and center are the Cleveland Browns.
Many fans thought Johnny Manziel would be the starter in Cleveland this September, but coach Mike Pettine has decided to go with Brian Hoyer - at least for now. Manziel was a legend at Texas A & M, and his off the field antics are also a bit on the legendary side as well, however just because you make the tabloids on a daily basis doesn't mean you are ready for the big show.
Manziel was drafted to be the Browns QB of the future, so starting Hoyer, who has played well in Cleveland, shouldn't be that much of a surprise to most fans. Hoyer is expected to play the entire first half this Saturday when the Browns take on the Rams in Cleveland's preseason home opener. It will be interesting to see how the Browns fans react when they get their first shot at seeing Johnny Football hit the gridiron.
Other big games this week include the Steelers and Eagles, the Giants taking on the Jets, Chicago squaring off with Seattle and Dallas taking on the Dolphins. Here is a look at this week’s schedule, current Las Vegas odds and start times for every game.
Thursday, Aug 21
- Pittsburgh at Philadelphia (-3.5, Over/Under 50) 7:30 p.m. ET
Friday, Aug 22
- Carolina at New England (5.5 Over/Under 45) 7:30 p.m. ET
- NY Giants at NY Jets (PICK Over/Under 42) 7:30 p.m. ET
- Jacksonville at Detroit (-3, Over/Under 44.5) 7:30 p.m. ET
- Oakland at Green Bay (-7, Over/Under 43) 8:00 p.m. ET
- Chicago at Seattle (-7, Over/Under 45) 10:00 p.m. ET
Saturday, Aug. 23
- Tampa Bay at Buffalo (-3, Over/Under 41.5) 4:30 p.m. ET
- Dallas at Miami (-3, Over/Under 45) 7:00 p.m. ET
- Tennessee at Atlanta (-3, Over/Under 44) 7:00 p.m. ET
- Washington at Baltimore (-3, Over/Under 43.5) 7:30 p.m. ET
- New Orleans at Indianapolis (-3, Over/Under 47) 8:00 p.m. ET
- St. Louis at Cleveland (-3, Over/Under 42.5)8:00 p.m. ET
- Minnesota at Kansas City (-3.5, Over/Under 45) 8:00 p.m. ET
- Houston at Denver (-7, Over/Under 45) 9:00 p.m. ET
Sunday, Aug 24
- San Diego at San Francisco (-6, Over/Under 42) 4:00 p.m. ET
- Cincinnati at Arizona (-2, Over/Under 43) 8:00 p.m. ET