Autoblog reported earlier yesterday (March 2,2013) that a couple of official renderings of the 2014 Volkswagen Golf wagon variant have leaked into the internet ahead of its official reveal at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show. Not much is to be revealed as this is basically the 2014 Volkswagen Golf with a wagon end grafted onto the back of it.
Volkswagen has always been synonymous with clean and well thought out designs, and this 2014 Volkswagen Golf wagon is no different with a design that would look relevant a decade from now. While not going for the sporty look, the exterior is unpretentious and sports clean lines all around. Built on Volkswagen’s MQB platform, it echoes familiar platforms found in Europe ( but not in the United States.)
Many keen eyes will appreciate the new rear end, different from the previous generation Golf wagon which basically had the trunk of a different car grafted to its rear. The new look is sophisticated and upmarket compared to the previous generation. Let’s hope that some of these good looks trickle down to the Jetta.
Engine options will likely include the usual suspects so expect choices to include
- A 1.2-liter TSI with outputs of 85 HP and 105 HP
- A 1.4-liter TSI with outputs of 122 HP and 140 HP
- A 1.6-liter TDI with 105 HP and 185 lb-ft of torque
- A 2.0-liter TDI with 150 HP and 236 lb-ft of torque
- & in the United States rumors of the 1.8T replacing the 2.5 liter are milling around.