Skip to main content
  1. Arts & Entertainment
  2. Celebrity

2014 Super Bowl MVP: How to vote, live stream, MVP facts

See also

Are you ready for some football? The 2014 Super Bowl is finally here: pitting the top ranked defensive Seattle Seahawks against the top ranked offensive Denver Broncos. This Bowl not only offers great entertainment, it gives the fans a chance to vote for the player they feel was the MVP of the game.

Voting opens up during the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl when fans can visit on any web-enabled mobile device. The fan vote counts for 20% of the overall vote while a media panel of 16 sports writers and broadcasters determines the remaining 80% of the vote. Fans were brought into the voting process at the 2001 Super Bowl XXXV where Tom Brady earned the honor. The award is presented live after the game.

Top Seahawks gifts for fans

Since 1967, the award has been presented to a total of 42 players. Joe Montana is the only player to have been named MVP three times while Terry Bradshaw, Tom Brady, Eli Manning and Bart Starr have all won the title twice. There has been a tie only once: Harvey Martin and Randy White were named co-MVPs of the 1977 Super Bowl XII.

The last ten NFL Super Bowl MVP

2012 NFL Joe Flacco ~ Baltimore Ravens
2011 NFL Eli Manning ~ New York Giants
2010 NFL Aaron Rodgers ~ Green Bay Packers
2009 NFL Drew Brees ~ New Orleans Saints
2008 NFL Santonio Holmes ~ Pittsburgh Steelers
2007 NFL Eli Manning ~ New York Giants
2006 NFL Peyton Manning ~ Indianapolis Colts
2005 NFL Hines Ward ~ Pittsburgh Steelers
2004 NFL Deion Branch ~ New England Patriots
2003 NFL Tom Brady ~ New England Patriots

The Ultimate Super Bowl Book: A Complete Reference to the Stats, Stars, and Stories Behind Football's Biggest Game--and Why

In order to win MVP honors, a player has to not only perform well throughout the game but also typically has an impressive moment. This year Manning set NFL records for most passing touchdowns and yards while Sherman lead the league with eight interceptions. Both the Hawks and Broncos have had an amazing season setting this final game up to be a true face-off.

Super Bowl XLVIII begins at 6:30 p.m. ET Sunday, Feb. 2. It will be shown on Fox and streamed live at Fox Sports Go making the game accessible.

Watch ‘Puppy Love’ Budweiser Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial


Arts & Entertainment

  • Tori Spelling
    Tori Spelling candidly talks about her husband's cheating and her future
    Today's Buzz
  • Jazz Fest
    Music and cultural festivals sweep the nation this month, see where the fun is
    Festivals Buzz
  • Monsters Inc
    Pixar challenges eagle-eyed viewers to hunt for Easter eggs in their films
    Join the Fun
  • KFC Double Down
    KFC is bringing back it's infamous Double Down chicken sandwich
    Pop Culture
  • Angelina Jolie
    Knives, jets and typewriters: What your favorite stars obsess over
    Celebrity Buzz
  • Paul Walker
    Paul Walker's brothers will be standing in for him during filming of 'Fast 7'
    Today's Buzz

User login

Log in
Sign in with your email and password. Or reset your password.
Write for us
Interested in becoming an Examiner and sharing your experience and passion? We're always looking for quality writers. Find out more about and apply today!