Top Fuel –
· Antron Brown on his finals competition, Brittany Force: “She's at a young stage in her career, and you can tell that she's getting better and better. She was consistent all day to get those round-wins. None of these teams come out here to play games. It's not recess no more. School is in, and you better have your thinking caps on and be ready to do the work. I look at her as a tough, top competitor. They stepped up in the final. You look at her car and see Castrol on the side, and that's John Force Racing. We go after them like we go after everyone else.”
· Brittany Force on her round win over seven-time champ Tony Schumacher: “That round win will definitely be a highlight of my season until we get that first win. Tony Schumacher is awesome he is the champ. He has beaten my butt many times so I was happy to go out there and get the win. That is a round win I always wanted to get. To win against him was awesome.”
Funny Car –
· Alexis DeJoria on the Kallitta Motorsports mosh pit victory celebration: “I can’t wait to see the video of the Kalitta guys on the starting line. I don’t care what anybody says; that’s badass. We all root for each other, and it’s really a team effort over there."
· John Force on Brittany’s finals appearance: “That’s one of my kids out there and I love her and I am proud of her. That is a lot of pressure up there and it took me a lot of years to learn to handle it. She is handling it really well. She is right on her game. She was right on the tree and right there with Antron, a champion. That is all I can ask for.”
Pro Stock –
· Allen Johnson on bouncing back from a first-round loss at Pomona: “Pomona was probably the worst performance by me in 18 years in Pro Stock. It made me want to get it right this time. I still didn't do my best here. I was responsible for one round-win, and my crew was responsible for the other three.”
Quotes in this piece provided by John Force Racing and the NHRA.
Check out Paula’s Examiner columns on motorsports:
Follow Paula on:
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – Paula Thompson Freelance
Contact Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org