Minneapolis, Minn. – Prepare for warm weather fun as the Minneapolis Convention Center transforms into the great outdoors for the 2014 Progressive Insurance Northwest Sportshow, March 26-30. Families and outdoors enthusiasts can plan their next adventure and shop the latest in hunting, fishing, travel and camping, plus rub elbows with duck commandos and gator handlers.
This year, the Upper Midwest’s biggest sportshow offers new features to get everyone into the outdoors spirit:
- John Godwin from A&E's hit series Duck Dynasty. Godwin is making an appearance at the annual sportshow to meet and greet fans on Saturday, March 29, from 2pm to 4pm and from 6pm to 8pm.
- Swampmaster Gator Show. Expert alligator handler Jeff Quattorochipresents thrills, laughter, and action-packed fun for all ages as he handles alligators during this educational show. Visitors can also get up close to a baby gator and have their picture taken with the Swampmaster.
- Marine Electronics UniversitySponsored by Lowrance. Explore the latest in marine electronics technology from Lowrance. Learn by doing as an expert from Lowrance leads hands-on workshops with instruction on everything from routine setup and product use, to news about leading technologies such as CHIRP sonar and Insight Genesis Mapping.
- Discover Fly Fishing. Learn how to tie a fly, watch casting demonstrations, shop for gear, and learn everything needed to start a lifetime of fly fishing. Experts Bob Nasby, Vic Mason and Scott Nordby are on hand to provide tips and instruction for everyone from the novice to the experienced fly fisherman.
- Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center. Free, daily DIY seminars and clinics cover maintaining, repairing and upgrading boats and motors, in addition to electronics.
The 2014 sportshow also brings back visitor favorites including the Adventure Trail Pass for kids, the Trout Pond where kids can practice their angling skills for free, Fish Tank Pro Demonstrations, the Ducks Unlimited room, plus four days of exciting giveaways. Visit the Progressive Insurance Northwest Sportshow website for updates on exhibits, features and speakers.
Wednesday, March 26 1PM – 9PM
Thursday, March 27 1PM – 9PM
Friday, March 28 10AM– 9PM
Saturday, March 29 10AM - 9PM
Sunday, March 30 10AM – 5PM
Minneapolis Convention Center
1301 Second Avenue South
Tickets may be purchased online at NorthwestSportshow.com or onsite the day of the show and cost:
Adults (16 and older) $11
Senior Day, (Thursday, March 27th only, 62+) $8
Children (15 and younger) FREE