The 2014 Progressive® Insurance Minneapolis Boat Show® docks at the Minneapolis Convention Center January 30–February 2 with once-a-year deals to get ready for summer on the water, featuring hundreds of new boats and marine accessories, plus boat loads more fun for people all ages and boaters of all skill levels.
The Progressive Insurance Minneapolis Boat Show is the one-stop marketplace for boating, fishing and sailing enthusiasts, providing visitors a unique chance to shop and compare hundreds of models and brands, from entry level family cruisers and pontoons to luxury yachts, fishing boats and ski boats.
Those who aren’t in the market for a boat can escape the deep freeze and steal some summer fun at the boat show in 2014:
- The new Wings Financial Boardwalk features a marina environment complete with boats at the dock, live boating music from Jambo Joe Bones and food from Seven Sushi & Steakhouse, plus a variety of kids’ rides and carnival games.
- Meet Stars from National Geographic’s hit show Wicked Tuna. Meet Captains Dave Carraro and Bill Monte and First Mate Sandro Maniaci from the hit series Wicked Tuna, who will be onsite to share their stories from the seas throughout the show. Visit MinneapolisBoatShow.com for appearance times.
- The first Anchors & Ales, a craft beer sampling event, takes place Friday night, January 31, beginning at 5pm. Attendees who purchase a special Anchors & Ales ticket to the show can pick up their limited edition tasting glass and tasting tokens, along with a brochure and map with details about the participating breweries, and enjoy a variety of craft brews while shopping the boat show. Purchase special tickets in advance online.
- Get on the water indoors at Paddlefest. Attendees 10 years of age or older can try out kayaks and Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) in a huge pool on the show floor. Changing rooms and wetsuits are available, and knowledgeable staff will be on hand to offer instruction and product information.
- Improve nautical know-how through a variety of daily, free seminars. Novice boaters can learn everything needed to get started in boating at the Welcome to the Water Center; sailors of all experience levels can get their fix at the popular SailFest Seminar Series; and do-it-yourselfers and current boat owners can learn valuable techniques for fixing, repairing and maintaining their boat at Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center.
- Step back in time to admire the beauty and craftsmanship of vintage craft at the Antique Boat & Classic Boat Display, presented by the Bob Speltz Land-O-Lakes chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society.
- Meet Nickelodeon’s Dora the Explorer. Don't miss the girl that's determined, positive, helpful, caring and always ready for adventure. Dora the Explorer will be at the show on Saturday and Sunday from 12pm-4pm to meet her fans.
When: Thursday, January 30 2pm–9pm
Friday, January 31 12pm–10pm
Saturday, February 1 10am–9pm
Sunday, February 2 10am–5pm
Where: Minneapolis Convention Center
1301 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tickets: Tickets can be purchased online at or onsite the day of the show. Cost for tickets:
Adults (16 and older): $11.00
Youth (15 and under): FREE with paid adult
Active Military: FREE - Present military ID at the box office onsite
Senior Day, Thursday, January 30, 62+ $8.00