The 2014 NCAA March Madness Tournament is down to the Sweet 16 and once again there have been many surprises. Gone from the tourney are top seeded teams Duke, Ohio State, Kansas and undefeated Wichita State, while long shots San Diego State, Stanford and Dayton are ready to shock the NCAA world as they make a run towards a championship.
According to a Sporting News report on March 24 the Gators, Cardinals and Spartans are now the favorites to cut down the nets in early April. On paper these three teams are the deepest and may be the most talented teams, but as we know - these games aren't played on paper. That's why most fans have already set their brackets on fire!
One of the most interesting games on the schedule will happen Saturday afternoon when two bracket busting teams collide when No. 11 Dayton faces No. 10 Stanford. Not many people had these teams in their Sweet 16 brackets and one of these teams will end up in the Elite Eight.
Dayton was listed at 750/1 when the NCAA Tournament started. If you wagered on them in Vegas and they win Saturday things will start getting very interesting.
Here is a look at the current odds to win the NCAA title and Saturday's schedule of games.
- FLORIDA 7-2
- MICHIGAN ST 7-2
- LOUISVILLE 9-2
- ARIZONA 5-1
- VIRGINIA 11-1
- WISCONSIN 18-1
- MICHIGAN 18-1
- KENTUCKY 18-1
- UCLA 25-1
- BAYLOR 25-1
- TENNESSEE 25-1
- IOWA ST 30-1
- U CONN 30-1
- SAN DIEGO ST 50-1
- STANFORD 50-1
- DAYTON 75-1
Thursday, March 27
- No. 11 Dayton vs. No. 10 Stanford (-2) 7:15 p.m. ET -- CBS
- No. 6 Baylor vs. No. 2 Wisconsin (-3) 7:47 p.m. ET -- TBS
- No. 4 UCLA vs. No. 1 Florida (-4) 9:45 p.m. ET -- CBS
- No. 4 San Diego State vs. No. 1 Arizona (-7) 10:17 p.m. ET -- TBS
Friday, March 28
- No. 11 Tennessee vs. No. 2 Michigan (-1) 7:15 p.m. ET -- CBS
- No. 11 Connecticut (-PICK) vs. No. 3 Iowa State, 7:27 p.m. ET -- TBS
- No. 8 Kentucky vs No. 4 Louisville (-5) 9:45 p.m. ET -- CBS
- No. 4 Michigan State (-1) vs. No. 1 Virginia, 9:57 p.m. ET -- TBS