The 2014 National Garden Festival runs throughout the Buffalo-Niagara region through Saturday, August 2nd – six weeks of gardening fun, sales, garden walks, tours and more. Here are a few things to check out during the third week of the fifth annual festival.
· Open gardens – Thursday, July 3rd and Thursday and Friday, July 10th and 11th at various gardens throughout the Buffalo-Niagara area – find the list here.
· The Buzz in Your Garden II – Wednesday, July 9th at 6 p.m. at Urban Roots, 482 Rhode Island St. in Buffalo. David Clark presents this workshop on beneficial insects and their place in your garden, and Wayne Robins will explain beekeeping – for more information, call 716-362-8982.
· Sally Cunningham’s Garden Discoveries tours – Friday, July 11th – Lockport Wine and Flowers and Sunday, July 13th – Buffalo: Cottage District. Find out more about these tours at www.horizonclubtours.com.
Find out more about the National Garden Festival at nationalgardenfestival.com.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org