The annual Lilac Festival, taking place at Highland Park in Rochester, New York Friday, May 9th through Sunday, May 18th, is more than just a flower show – there’s plenty for families to do throughout the entire 10-day free festival. Here’s a sample of what’s going on:
· Friday, May 9th – Attempt to break the Guinness World Record for largest human flower from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., ribbon cutting ceremonies at noon
· Saturday, May 10th – Lilac Parade at 10:30 a.m., Arts and Crafts Show 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· Sunday, May 11th – Arts and Crafts Show 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Tuesday through Thursday, May 13th through 15th – Wine and Chocolate Tasting from 1 to 4 p.m. and 5 to 8 p.m. each day
· Thursday, May 15th – Rusted Root in concert at 7 p.m.
· Friday, May 16th – Willie Nile in concert at 5:30 p.m.
· Saturday, May 17th – Art in the Park Show from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· Sunday, May 18th –The Highland Hospital Lilac Run beginning at 8 a.m., Art in the Park Show from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eddie Money in concert at 7 p.m.
For a complete listing of events and entertainment at the Lilac Festival, visit the Festival website.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com