The 2014 Super Bowl (XLVIII for the purists) is expected to draw more than 310,000 visitors to Vegas this year. The massive crowd of football fanatics, party fiends, and bettors are expected to generate well over $100 million in non-gaming revenue for the city. City- wide hotel occupancy usually exceeds 90% for the Big Game celebration, and room rates skyrocket due to such demand. More than $99 million was wagered at the 183 sports books in Las Vegas during the Super Bowl celebration last year.
Game day (Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014) in New Jersey (Met Life Stadium) is less than ten days away, with the contest pitting the Denver Broncos against the Seattle Seahawks. Kickoff time for the game in Las Vegas is around 3:30 P.M. local time. Most of the viewing party start times range between noon and 2 P.M. pre-game.
Options for Super Bowl revelers include a ton of Big Game parties and a slurry of action at numerous sports books in town. Below is a list of party / game viewing options plus our version of the top ten sports books in Las Vegas. Check the provided links to obtain complete info about individual 2014 Super Bowl options in Las Vegas. Strip and off-Strip options are grouped below.
Big Game options on the Vegas Strip :
- Hussong's Cantina and Slice of Vegas at Mandalay Bay - Big Game packages start at $50 per person early purchase ($75 game day) and involve Baja buffet fare at Hussong's or the Italian buffet at Slice of Vegas. Package prices include unlimited select draft beer and plenty of flat-screens to watch the game. Good bargain option here. Party here from 2 P.M. until 7 P.M.
- Lavo Bowl at Palazzo - Check out the viewing party from 2 to 7 P.M. at Lavo, which will morph into a Big Game haven with more than 20 TV's. Enjoy an open bar package for $85 and add a buffet for $145 per person.
- Big Game party at V Bar (Venetian) - Guests can enjoy an open bar and finger food for $75 (no seating) ; add a seat for $150 per person.
- Hard Rock Cafe Big Game packages - Enjoy an $85 all-you-can-drink Bud drafts and finger food (nachos and wings) special ; two other packages involve minimums of four ($150) or six ($175) guests who will get all the Bud drafts and wing baskets they can handle during the game.
- Rhumbar's Big Game Tailgate Party (Mirage) - Enjoy an all-inclusive food and drink package for $150 per person.
- BLT Burger viewing party (Mirage) - Guests can enjoy an all-you-can-eat-and-drink spread for $125 per person while the game rolls on.
- Big Game at PBR Rock Bar (Planet Hollywood) - Packages start at $100 (open bar for entire game) ; premium open bar with guaranteed seating costs $150 with guests required to spend a minimum of $50 for food during the game. This venue is located in the Miracle Mile Shops area.
- Big Game at Rockhouse (Venetian / Palazzo) - Check out the game on more than 80 screens for $100 or $175 (guaranteed seating) open bar packages.
- Big Game at Carmine's (Forum Shops at Caesars Palace) - Options include a buffet ($50) and/or an open bar drink package ($50).
- Super Sunday at Harrah's Piano Bar - For $125 per person enjoy a buffet, all-you-can-drink, and a place to sit down during the game.
- Super Sunday Bash at Kerry's Gourmet Burgers (Harrah's) - Offering all-you-can-drink Miller or Coors beer and vodka for $125 per person. Food will be served from 1 P.M. until 6 P.M.
- Big Game specials at Excalibur's food court - The Castle Walk Food Court at Excalibur is offering 20% off all meals at nine restaurants when guests present sports betting tickets from the resort's sports book.
- Rockin Big Game at Cabo Wabo - Located in the Miracle Mile Shops near Planet Hollywood, they're offering all- you- can- eat- and- drink football buffets for $200 per person on game day.
- Wynn Big Game dining specials - Allegro is offering a $105 per person all-you-can-eat special from 2 P.M. until the game concludes. Other all-you-can-stuff-down specials include Society Cafe ($95), Eastside Lounge ($150), Lobby Bar & Cafe ($125), and 2 Race and Sports Lounge specials ($75 / $125).
- Big Game Sunday at Surrender ( @ Encore) - Several packages offered from a limited open bar ($100 per person) up to the Hail Mary for $35,000 (serves up to 20 guests).
- Rao's Super Bowl party (Caesars Palace) - Beginning at 2:30 P.M., Rao will offer packages starting at $150 per person which includes finger / sports book food and bottomless beers.
- Big Game party at Toby Keith's (Harrah's) - Get a bucket of Coors or Miller beer for $95 beginning at noon on game day (no free food, but they'll begin serving some at 1 P.M.)
- Carlos and Charlie's Big Game bash at the Flamingo - Two packages with a guaranteed seat and a buffet for $75 ; $175 adds an open bar.
- Trop Lounge Big Game Tailgate Party (Tropicana) - Groups of four can enjoy seating, a shirt, a hat, a cup, a buffet, and eight raffle tickets for $325.
- Margaritaville's Big Game party (Flamingo) - Jimmy Buffet's bunch is offering 2 packages ($225 and $425) with appetizers, a buffet, and an open bar. The upper tier price level gets guests a swag bag and a fancier VIP seating area.
- Carnaval Court Super Bowl party - Get 5 Coors Light or Miller Light beers for $25 at this open air party spot next to Harrah's.
- Big Game party at The Pub (Monte Carlo) - Get all-you-can-eat-and drink for $175 per person at this hoorah.
- Bud Light Tailgate Party at Red Square Restaurant and Lounge at Mandalay Bay . Enjoy Bud Light Buckets, steak and cheese skins, queso fundido, mini-lobster tacos, Kobe beef burgers, and wings beginning at 2 P.M. on game day. Access the provided link or phone 702-693-8300 for more info/reservations.
Off-Strip Super Bowl options :
- Big Game at Aliante Casino - Offering multiple game day specials including ETA Lounge (buffet for $25), Race and Sports Book ($3 prime rib sliders and $15 beer buckets), and the SuperSpa Pregame Party with finger food, drinks, and spa treatment packages ($75 / $145).
- Big Game party at MTO Cafe - This recently opened downtown restaurant will offer bottomless mimosas and/or Bloody Marys for $15 on game day along with a number of food specials.
- Big Game at Embers Grille & Spirits - This venue is offering a buffet and bottomless draft beers, house wines, and well drinks for $50 per person.
- South Point viewing parties - Five different venues will host viewing parties and all are free to enter. Drink specials include $3 Bud beers, $16 Bud buckets, $20 Corona buckets, $3 house wines, $5 margaritas, $25 margarita pitchers, and $4 well drinks. Finger food specials include $1 hot dogs, $3 pizza slices, and $4 nachos. Good bargain game day stuff here.
- Rocks Lounge at Red Rock - Offering an all-you-can-eat-and-drink party for $35 per person on game day. Also offering a $500 VIP booth for up to eight people which includes a bottle of vodka and mixers.
- Chrome Showroom at Santa Fe Station party - Grab $3 shots, $25 beer buckets, and finger food specials ranging $2 - $6.
- $2 Super Sunday Bash at Lobby Bar (Green Valley Ranch) - Indulge in the $2 finger food (nachos and hot dogs) and $2 Bud or Bud Lights at GVR's Lobby Bar.
- Naked City Pizza Big Game thingy - This bunch is offering an all-you-can-eat-and-drink special for $50 per person (finger food and bottomless drafts). Seating is limited.
- Barefoot Bob's Big Game party - Enjoy an $80 all-you-can-eat-and-drink special that includes BBQ pulled pork, burgers,wings, and nachos ; bottomless booze list includes domestic drafts, well drinks, and house wines.
- Cili Big Game party at Bali High Golf Club - Offering a $150 all-you-can-eat-and-drink special beginning at 1:30 P.M.
- JW Marriott Resort and Rampart Casino joint Foodie Bowl party - Check out their all-you-can-eat-and drink food and beverage special and viewing parties held in three separate ballrooms at the hotel and at the Rampart Buffet. Guests will receive wristbands for $39 (players club members) or $49.
- Casa Di Amore Big Game party at the LVH Ballroom - Guests get all-the-finger-food-and-drink they can handle from 2 P.M. until the game ends for $150 per person.
- Silverton's Big Game Big Apple Style party - Beginning at 2:30 P.M., the Veil Pavilion offers all-you-can-eat and two drink tickets for $50 per person.
- Pizza Rock tailgate - This downtown venue is offering bottomless $10 mimosas and Sangria at their pre-game tailgate event. During the game, bottomless Miller Lite pints are available for $15.
- Big Game Central at LVH - Free game viewing with lots of food and drink specials in the LVH Theater. LVH boasts one of the biggest and best sports books in town.
- Super Bash at Golden Nugget - Get free admission to game viewing party in the showroom with tons of food and drink specials.
- 777 Brewery Big Game party (Main Street Station) - Catch the game and enjoy lots of food and drink specials here.
- Plaza's Red Zone Party - $100 buys all-you-can-eat (stadium food) and drink (beer and well drinks). The Plaza's Z Bar is hosting a Pigskin Party with stadium food and alcohol for $75 per person.
- Steiner's Pubs - $150 buys all-you-can-eat-and-drink and a commemorative football. The venue is also offering cash prizes and free raffles.
- Sammy's Woodfired Pizza / Sammy's Restaurant and Bar parties - They're hosting extended happy hours at all locations, take-out discounts (20%), and several gaming specials and prizes.
- Jack's Irish Pub Big Game Party (Palace Station) - Guests get all-you-can-eat food along with four Buds or Bud Lights for $35 per person.
LVE's Top Ten Vegas Sports Books for 2014 Super Bowl XLVIII :
Great sports books provide comfort, efficient service, multiple viewing screens, and adequate seating as priorities. The key thing to remember is to arrive very early (by 8 - 9 A.M.) on Feb. 2 in order to obtain a seat at any of our top ten sports books in Vegas (listed in alphabetical order).
- Caesars Palace
- Lagasse's Stadium at Palazzo (likely sold out)
- MGM Grand
- Mandalay Bay
- Red Rock
- Wynn Las Vegas
Cheers...for the Broncos