This is a plea to those who left 2013 unhappy as a result of a poor relationship with yourself or as a result of holding on to a crippling relationship with someone else. This is your year to take back your life and claim your sanity. Yes! It is okay to be sane and single. Let me say that again for the cheap seats in the back. It is okay to be sane and single. It great to be happy and single. It is not okay to stay in a failing relationship just to avoid being single. Just so you can say that you are with somebody to avoid the stares of your friends. Engage your walk away button and say good riddance and step into 2014 with a spring in your step and calm in your not so distant future.
For those of us that left 2013 unhappy because life gave us a beating or we simply feel as if Murphy s Law stayed too long for a visit, this is your time to say good bye to those blues. Say hello to, It can only go up from here. Say hello to I refuse to let 2013 be repeated in 2014. I refuse to not find joy in this lifetime. I refuse to stop lying to my reflection in the mirror.
The end of the year always reminds me of the phoenix catching fire and turning to ash, to simply rise again, rejuvenated and reborn. Embrace this in your own life by following these simple steps:
- A simple gesture can bring a smile to a stranger (and to you)
- Answer your phone with a smile on your lips
- Greet each day with the promise that you will do your best
- Stop settling for chaos and nonsense when you deserve so much better
- Do not attend the pity parties of others
- It is okay to say no
- Leave crazy where you find it (it is not a gift)
- Find love for self before seeking it in others
Remember engage that walk away button and step into a better 2014. Love does really exist for all of us so don't be afraid of it, but do not fall for its manipulative twin mediocrity.