Eight Phoenix area companies have been chosen to receive the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce’s (www.phoenixchamber.com) prestigious IMPACT Awards and on Thursday May 15th, 2014 at a luncheon at the Arizona Biltmore one of them will be honored as the 2014 IMPACT business of the year.
The honored businesses were chosen with two recipients in four categories: community champion; economic driver; entrepreneurial excellence and response to adversity. The categories are small to medium businesses with 250 employees and fewer and large businesses with more than 250 employees.
Small to medium business category with 250 employees or fewer:
· Community Champion: Native American Connections which provides wellness and recovery services as well as affordable housing.
· Economic Driver: Transitional Genomics Research Institute (TGEn) which is a non-profit biomedical research organization focus on developing earlier diagnoses and smarter treatments by studying the genomic origins of serious diseases that afflict people.
· Entrepreneurial Excellence: Risas Dental and Braces which provide affordable dental care and braces for families.
· Response to Adversity: NJOY, Inc. which is a trademarked electronic cigarette brand sold in over 15,000 retail locations.
Large business category:
· Community Champion: Phoenix Children’s Hospital
· Economic Driver: Sundt Construction is ranked as the 64th largest construction company in the U.S.
· Entrepreneurial Excellence: The CORE Institute which provides best-in-class orthopedic care.
· Response to Adversity: Phoenix Zoo which as one of the largest non-profit zoological parks in the nation serves over 1.4 million guests a year.
“It is privilege to honor those who continue to innovate, take risks, boost our economy and create jobs,” states Todd Sanders, Chamber President and CEO.
The IMPACT Awards luncheon will be held at the Arizona Biltmore on Thursday May 15th from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tickets are $75 for Chamber members and $85 for non-members. Table of ten are $850 for Chamber members and $950 for non-members. For reservations go to www.phoenixchamber.com/impact.