Eight quality businesses in the Valley picked up prestigious IMPACT Awards for excellence at the 27th annual Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce (www.phoenixchamber.com) awards luncheon recently. There were 600 people there at the Arizona Biltmore for the affair.
The IMPACT businesses of the year are:
· Small to medium category – Risas Dental and Braces, chief operating officer is Jeff Adams. “The company is an innovator in health care, using new technologies and approaches that put its patients in control of their dental health.”
· Large business category – Sundt Construction, Inc., senior vice-president and southwest district manager Marty Hedlund. “The 64th largest construction company in the nation, Sundt’s work can be seen in numerous valley projects over the past 50 years, including the state capitol’s west wing, the new northwest extension to the light rail project, Dial corporate headquarters and buildings at ASU.”
Small to medium business category recipients:
· Community Champion: Native American Connections.
· Economic Driver: Transitional Genomics Research Institute (TGen)
· Entrepreneurial Excellence: Risas Dental and Braces.
· Response to Adversity: NJOY, Inc.
Large business category recipients:
· Community Champion: Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
· Economic Driver: Sundt Construction, Inc.
· Entrepreneurial Excellence: The CORE Institute.
· Response to Adversity: The Phoenix Zoo.
County supervisor Steve Chucri, Superintendent of Public Instruction John Huppenthal and Arizona State Senator Steve Pierce were awarded Sentinel Awards for “their willingness to champion efforts to ensure Arizona’s business climate is healthy and competitive.”