Well, folks, the time has arrived for the largest annual pet product trade show in the United States, the Global Pet Expo. The show was created for pet businesses to see the newest best-of-the-best and be able to provide those items to the public. It will be hosted in Orlando’s Orange County Convention Center on March 12th through the 14th. It opens at 9:00 a.m. every day.
This three-day, industry exclusive show is being hosted in part by the American Pet Products Association, or APPA. Start-up and heritage brands alike will be present to unveil their initial or latest developments. In 2013 alone, over 3,000 new products debuted!
In addition to showcasing bright and shiny new products for the canine and felines of this world, the Global Pet Expo is a huge signifier of current and emerging trends. In the past few years, the pet industry has been quite stable, even through the rocky economic situation of late!
Sandy Robins, Pet Lifestyle Expert and author wants to lend the public a sneak peek of her pick-of-the-litter brands and must-haves for 2014; a way to distinguish what is noteworthy at this very large show! Sandy is the 2013 recipient of the Global Pet Expo’s annual and elite “Excellence in Journalism and Outstanding Contributions in the Pet Industry Award. Robins has the eye for the products that both eager pet parents and distributors are seeking to get their hands on!
Sandy’s pick of the litter products are chosen by what sets them apart. She has designated the following companies and products and where in the show that they will be located for easy accessibility for those shopping for their businesses:
This line of super-premium whole grain and grain free dinners and treats for pets is founded on whole food nutrition. Made in the USA by a family owned company, Spring Naturals prides itself on using real meat as the #1 ingredient in its recipes, rather than meat meal – a popular, low-cost protein alternative. All Spring Naturals products are formulated without starchy, high-glycemic ingredients or a trace of artificial preservatives, colors or flavors.
Happening at their Global Pet Expo Booth #4219:
- New Spring Naturals Cat Dinners debut! The complete family of feline dinners is grain free and includes gravy rich 3oz minced entrées,moisture dense 5.5oz pâté dinners and palatable kibble options. These recipes boast complete, balanced nutrition with the highest real meat content seen in the cat food aisle. Product is hitting store shelves now.
- They’re celebrating their most recent success – the Glycemic Research Institute has approved the Spring Naturals dry dog dinners with theirexclusive Low Glycemic & Diabetic Friendly certification.
- Animal Planet Puppy Bowl X participant, Pong, will be making guest appearances.
Bravo, The Diet Designed by Nature for Healthy Dogs and Cats™, is dedicated to creating products for dogs and cats that nourish their natural, carnivorous cravings. Made in the USA with zero additives, Bravo’s simple recipes are closer to the way nature intended pets to eat. Studies show that a raw diet can help promote shinier, healthier skin and coats; better weight control; improved digestion; reduction of allergy symptoms; decreased abnormal hyperactivity; and increased mobility in senior animals.
Happening at their Global Pet Expo Booth #4039:
- New Homestyle Complete™ 2lb bags join the Bravo line as their first freeze dried dinner option for dogs. Made with real meat as the first ingredient – choose from Turkey, Beef and Pork – each dinner is grain and gluten free, and includes wholesome ingredients like sweet potatoes, chickpeas, quinoa, and cranberries. Freeze drying is a convenient and mess-free way for pet parents to serve raw food, plus it retains the ingredients’ original nutritive value in the most bio-available form.
- New Crunchy Delights™ treats for dogs debut. Promoting honest-to-goodness nutrition, these 5oz treats are made with real meat as the first ingredient, plus a healthy serving of chickpeas, green beans, cranberries, and squash.
- New Bag-O-Chews Beef Tracheas are available in multiple SKUs and cuts for dogs of all sizes.
- The heritage brand is unveiling a series of image updates, including a new logo with the slogan “make good happen™” and new packaging for the entire family of Bravo products.
Launching this spring, Caru offers a line of natural, grain free stews and treats that are made in the USA with USDA inspected meats in small batches to look, smell and taste more like homemade. The Caru Natural Stews are packaged in Tetra Pak® cartons – a pet industry first in North America. These eco-friendly containers are designed to keep perishable foods fresh without preservatives, so pets can enjoy the taste of their meal, not the additives or aluminums it was stored in.
Happening at their Global Pet Expo Booth #4245:
- New 12.5oz Caru Natural Stews are made with Real Beef, Chicken, Turkey, and Pork as the first ingredient, plus carefully selected vegetables and fruit.
- New Soft ‘n Tasty grain free treats are made with Real Chicken, Beef or Duck, plus healthy blueberries and cranberries. Available in 3.5oz Bar and 4.0oz Bite varieties.
PetSafe® is one of the industry’s largest brands and an innovator in the treat category! They launched their first treat line – an interactive, low-calorie lickable treat in 2012 – and have created a complete menu of drool-worthy treats since. The latest, and perhaps the most relevant, addition to the PetSafe line of consumables is the indigo™ family, all proudly “Made in the USA,” which includes the meaty indigo Smokehouse Strips™ and the brush-free family of indigo™ Fresh dental treats.
Happening at their Global Pet Expo Booth #2753:
- New indigo™ family of treats and chews will introduce their summer “Red, White and indigo” promotion, which celebrates an active, healthy lifestyle and “Made in the USA” products just in time for summer activities and 4th of July events.
- Attendees can receive exclusive samples to take home and treat their fur-friend.
Founded by Dr. Roger Mugford, a renowned pet behaviorist and trainer to the Queen’s corgis, The Company of Animals is committed to improving the relationship between people and their pets. The brand is responsible for creating, refining and distributing products that are as friendly as they are effective. The original, patented HALTI® headcollar and Anxiety Wrap; the Pet Corrector; the fun GREEN feeders and interactive Nina Ottosson games are just a few of the training and lifestyle products that make people and pets, alike, sit up and take note.
Happening at their Global Pet Expo Booth #2579:
- Dr. Mugford and Nina Ottosson will be attending the Global Pet Expo and are available for interviews, and product demonstrations with local rescue dogs from Florida Little Dog Rescue. Email Ashlee to set up a one-on-one meeting.
- New Coachies Training Treats are grain free and sugar free – made with the highest quality natural ingredients available, without any artificial colors or flavors. Boasting only one calorie per serving, these oven baked treats have been a favorite of UK pooches for 10 years and are now available in the USA in 6oz and 16oz options.
- New CLIX No-Bark Collar is a friendly, safe behavior modifier. Available in small and large options, the No-Bark Collar emits a soft sound or vibration to interrupt barking in the moment. When properly used and coupled with positive reinforcement, this humane collar can curb a dog’s noisy habit.
- The brand just celebrated surpassing three million Pet Corrector sales. "Every animal we've been able to help with this product is the real success, and the one worth celebrating," comments Mugford.
Gold Paw Series is dedicated to providing practical, versatile dogwear for canines of all shapes, sizes and breeds. The Stretch Fleece popover jacket is a signature product from Gold Paw Series, made with recycled polyester and 7 percent spandex for a 4-way stretch and unbelievably soft, velvet-like finish. Best yet, it machine washes like a dream. Also, check out their reversible Duluth Double Fleece Pullover to add an extra pop of color.
Happening at their Global Pet Expo Booth #4348:
- New colors for the reversible Duluth Double Fleece Pullover include Camel/Eggplant, Ocean Blue/Robin's Egg Blue, Black/Red, and Orange/Fuchsia, add more color and warmth to pets.
- Also, see their spring collection of light and water resistant canine raincoats!
Share your favorite breed with the iLeesh Products extensive line of customizable pet products, gifts and accessories. The family-owned lifestyle brand specializes in designing and manufacturing breed-specific pet products – including tote bags, iPhone cases, car decals, mouse pads, and more. Offering more than 70 breed designs to choose from, iLeesh is a proud first time Global Pet Expo exhibitor.
Happening at their Global Pet Expo Booth #3723:
- New iLeesh breed-specific Retractable Leashes are made with a high-intensity soft nylon belt to keep pets secure and are available in three colors – black, turquoise and pink – and two sizes.
- New iLeesh breed-specific decorative Throw Pillows measure 15” square and declare “I Love My (BREED)” with the picture of your favorite breed. Made with 100 percent polyester these pillows are durable and machine washable.
The versatile, and sometimes cheeky, line of Imperial Cat Scratch ‘n Shapes provides an appropriate scratching outlet for kitty that doubles as a lounging space. Made from recycled corrugated cardboard and printed with soy inks, each Imperial Cat scratcher is eco-friendly and proudly made in the USA to fit practically any feline household’s needs – large, vertical or compact. It even comes with a bag of Certified Organic Catnip.
Happening at their Global Pet Expo Booth #3510:
- New Ovals and Green Watercolor patterns are available in the curvaceous Scratch ‘n Shapes Sleigh Bed, perfect for kitties that like to scratch, knead and curl up.
- New Woodgrain and Antique Blue patterns are available in the Scratch ‘n Shapes Rise design, which offers kitty an elongated and slanted, horizontal scratching space to stretch and lounge.
- New Basket Weave pattern is now available in the Scratch ‘n Shapes Cozy Curl design for a neutral, minimalistic look.
There will be many more pet suppliers and products to choose from. These are just Sandy Robins’ picks. Hope you are to attend!