Here are 5 fitness trends heading into 2014.
1. HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training - is training which involves short bursts of activity followed by a short period of rest or recovery.
2. Fitness Fusion - takes the best exercises and puts them into one effective workout routine. Challenge yourself with hybrid workouts.
3. Team Races - mud runs, boating, obstacle races.
4. At Home Workouts - workouts done at home.
5. Personal Training - workouts done with a personal trainer leading the workout.
Always check with your doctor before beginning any new diet or exercise regimen to make sure you are medically able to participate. Only your doctor can determine how much exercise is safe for you. Starting an exercise program that is more strenuous than you are ready for can result in injury and serious medical problems.