You have probably seen it happen. You have a comfortable lead and then your opponent kicks four field goals and three extra points and you lose the game by one point. New England's Stephen Gostkowski can do that to you and is the No. 1 kicker in the 2014 fantasy football draft.
According to a survey of popular fantasy football sites, Gostkowski and San Francisco's Phil Dawson are clearly the No. 1 and No. 2 kickers respectively. They are followed by three kickers - Baltimore's Justin Tucker, Green Bay's Mason Crosby and Seattle's Steven Hauschka - who are tightly grouped at the No. 3 through No. 5 draft positions.
Here are the top 20 kickers for 2014.
- Stephen Gostkowski, New England Patriots
- Phil Dawson, San Francisco 49ers
- Justin Tucker, Baltimore Ravens
- Mason Crosby, Green Bay Packers
- Steven Hauschka, Seattle Seahawks
- Adam Vinatieri, Indianapolis Colts
- Dan Bailey, Dallas Cowboys
- Matt Prater, Denver Broncos
- Nick Novak, San Diego Chargers
- Blair Walsh, Minnesota Vikings
- Robbie Gould, Chicago Bears
- Nick Folk, New Yokr Jets
- Shayne Graham, New Orleans Saints
- Matt Bryant, Atlanta Falcons
- Alex Henery, Philadelphia Eagles
- Nate Freese, Detroit Lions
- Caleb Sturgis, Miami Dolphins
- Ryan Succop, Kansas City
- Sebastian Jankowksi, Oakland Raiders
- Dan Carpenter, Buffalo Bills
SLEEPER PICK: Matt Bryant of the Atlanta Falcons
IF wide receiver Julio Jones is healthy, then Arlanta's offense will put more points on the scoreboard and Bryant will be scoring more fantasy football points.