Graham led ALL pass catchers with 16 touchdown catches. He is the only tight end to crack the top 10 fantasy football players list at No. 7. Only Detroit wide receiver Calvin Johnson at the No. 6 spot is ahead of him among pass receivers.
How do you stop a tight end with wide receiver statistics?
Graham caught 86 passes for 1,215 yards receiving last year. He averaged an impressive 14.1 yards per catch in 2013. Despite the punishment he endures as a tight end, Graham has missed only two games during his four-year career. He averages over 10 touchdowns per season, so scoring isn't an issue.
Here is a list of the top 10 tight ends based on a survey of the most popular fantasy football sites and my opinion. If you are looking for new faces, consider drafting Cleveland tight end Jordan Cameron or Washington's Jordan Reed.
- Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
- Julius Thomas, Denver Broncos
- Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
- Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers
- Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
- Jordan Cameron, Cleveland Browns
- Greg Olsen, Carolina Panthers
- Dennis Pitta, Baltimore Ravens
- Kyle Rudolph, Minnesota Vikings
- Jordan Reed, Washington
SLEEPER PICK: Charles Clay of the Miami Dolphins
Clay was converted to a tight end in 2013 after Dustin Keller suffered a major knee injury. He was the perfect safety valve for Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Clay caught 69 passes for 759 yards receiving and six touchdowns.