Spring is almost here. That means it is time to head over to the Walt Disney World Resorts and enjoy this year’s International Flower and Garden Festival. The festival will be held this year from March 5-May 18, 2014 at Epcot. Guests are amazed from year-to-year by the enchanted topiary displays found throughout Epcot. The topiary displays are designed and crafted by Disney’s own landscaping artists.
This year the festival will feature more than 100 topiary displays, ranging from seasonal designs to everyone’s favorite Disney characters. Topiary creations are displayed in themed areas that tell a story about each topiary. For example, Phineas and Ferb will be showing off their creative minds near the Odyssey Bridge and Belle will be swept away by the Beast at the France Pavilion.
Let’s take a look at the different character-themed topiary designs expected during this year’s International Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot:
- Mickey, Minnie and Pluto will be located behind Spaceship Earth
- Lightning McQueen & Mater will be located along the Test Track Walkway
- Buzz Lightyear will be located near Mission: Space
- Mike & Sulley will be featured along the Imagination Walkway
- A Fantasia display will be featured at the World Showcase Plaza
- Bambi and Friends can be found at the Canada Pavilion
- Peter Pan and Captain Hook will be flying into Neverland near the United Kingdom Pavilion
- Winnie the Pooh will also be located near the United Kingdom Pavilion
- Classic Disney Couples will be spreading the romance at the International Gateway and along the bridge to the France Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp will be at the Italy Pavilion
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs can be found whistling while they work near the Germany Pavilion
- Woody and Lotso will be at The American Adventure Pavilion
- The Lion King will be near the Outpost (between Germany and China pavilions)
- NEW in 2014!! Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy will be located in the area between the Italy and Germany pavilions
The International Flower and Garden Festival is included with theme park admission to Epcot. Keep checking back for news and updates about this year’s festival.
To keep up on the latest Disney and other travel ideas, tips, reviews and news “like” my Facebook page - WDW Travel Examiner - or follow me on twitter @WDWTravelExam. You can also “Subscribe” to my Examiner.com page by clicking the button near the top of the page.