When it comes to Carlisle Events, there are two big ones: Corvettes and Mopars. Both manage to drag the faithful from far and wide to buy/sell parts and show their cars. If you think over a thousand Mopars is not enough, then you'll be happy at the 2014 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals because chances are they had more than that.
- A12 (1969 Six Pack Super Bee and 6bbl. Road Runner) showcase
- Fifty years of Barracuda
- The new Challenger "Hellcat" including Senior Vice President Product Design, Ralph Gilles, pulling a burnout for the crowd
- Race Hemi reunion
- Car corral and pavilion with cars and projects for sale
- The Scat Pack Thrill Ride with professional driver Leah Pritchett
- And, as they say, "much, much more!"
The Mopar faithful scour the swap meet early every morning looking for that elusive item (and that elusive price, naturally), but there's also plenty of projects scattered around the corral - yes, some even for reasonable prices. The weather held steady with minimal rain and humidity that straddled the line of comfort and agony too, as this is a tough time of the year for a show in the Mid-Atlantic area.
Some of the neater cars seen were:
- 1962 Plymouth Sport Fury
- 1968 Hemi GTX convertible with unusual blue stripes
- 1969 Dart GTS 4-speed convertible, R6 red with red interior
- 1970 Coronet R/T Six Pack trailered all the way from California
- 1971 Curious Yellow GTX driven straight from Missouri
- FJ6 1970 'Cuda 340 convertible with V4J Chartreuse stripe
Check out the photo gallery for a few photos from the event. I took plenty of photos for StreetLegalTV.com and will post a link to those when it is published.